Print Item Tag (re-opening old post)

I am hoping to add a clickable button on each item page that will “print display card” or an item label. In other words, I am trying to print out an item’s metadata onto a smaller, notecard-sized rectangle that contains Title, Year, Tags etc that can be used to place in front of the item while on display. Just like you would see at a museum.

Visit Item’s page, Click “Print Label” and it spits out a formatted HTML or PDF document with selected metadata fields.

In researching the possibilities, of course, the Reports Plugin seems relevant. However, I have hit a wall figuring out how to initiate a plugin based on a button click on page that passes item id in the process.

Today I recently came across the Posters Plugin, but am not sure thats the right direction.

This task (printing display cards) must have come up in the past, so I am posting in hopes of getting any information related to these efforts…

THANK YOU!

previously posted @ closed thread Print Item Display Card

Neither plugin is probably really what you want: Reports is really designed to make a document containing data for multiple items at once and makes them in the background, so hooking it up to a button for each individual item really isn’t a good match. It would be a reasonable option for making one large document that had every item at once, though.

Posters is an extraction of a feature from the older “My Omeka” plugin and is basically a stripped-down version of the “Exhibits” feature: it’s designed to allow users to collect various items on a page, not really for printing (or again for working with single items).

Probably the best solution here would be a plugin that makes a simple HTML page with a print stylesheet for showing the “card”… though it would depend on exactly what kind of content and layout you’re looking for.

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.