Print Item Display Card

I am hoping to add a clickable button on each item page that will “print display card” or an item label. In other words, I am trying to print out an item’s metadata onto a smaller, notecard-sized rectangle that contains Title, Year, Tags etc that can be used to place in front of the item while on display. Just like you would see at a muesum.

Visit Item’s page, Click “Print Label” and it spits out a formatted HTML or PDF document with selected metadata fields.

In researching the possibilities, of course, the Reports Plugin seems relevant. However, I have hit a wall figuring out how to initiate a plugin based on a button click on page that passes item id in the process.

Today I recently came across the Posters Plugin, but am not sure thats the right direction.

This task (printing display cards) must have come up in the past, so I am posting in hopes of getting any information related to these efforts…

THANK YOU!

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.