Error Reporting Problems

Hi everyone,
My Omeka has completely shut down following the problems I detailed in an earlier thread.

I updated Omeka to the current version, which got rid of one error that I was getting, but I’m still getting the dreaded Omeka has encountered an error message.

When I try to follow the directions about getting detailed error reporting by following these directions:
Find the following line, and uncomment it (that is, remove the # sign): #SetEnv APPLICATION_ENV development . When you are done, it should read SetEnv APPLICATION_ENV development

I get an Internal Server Error message.

I’ve attached a screenshot of the error message and the change I made to the .htaccess file in case that’s helpful. Thanks!


If you’re getting an Internal Server Error after making that change, it probably means your Apache server just doesn’t have the SetEnv directive available. That’s pretty rare, but it would probably mean that the mod_env module isn’t loaded for Apache. If you control this server you could look into enabling mod_env.

Otherwise, there’s another way around doing this that doesn’t use the .htaccess: you can restore the .htaccess to its previous state, and instead edit the bootstrap.php file. Immediately underneath the define('OMEKA_VERSION' line, add a new line:

define('APPLICATION_ENV', 'development');

That helped! Thanks!

I’m getting this:

Omeka Database Error

Access denied for user ‘hayes29’@‘’ (using password: YES).

Confirm that the information in your db.ini file is correct.

That’s just saying that your information in your db.ini file is wrong: Omeka is trying to connect to MySQL with the username and password you have there and it’s unable to.

Make sure the user, password, database name, and host are all correct.

It’s back up and running! Thanks so much for your help!

This topic was automatically closed after 250 days. New replies are no longer allowed.