CSV Import not functioning on Reclaim Hosting install of Omeka

Whenever I try to upload a csv file using the CSV import plugin, I keep getting the following error code:

[18-Jul-2016 13:11:02 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/paramajm/public_html/omeka/plugins/CsvImport/forms/Mapping.php on line 292

I am running Omeka 2.4.1 on Reclaim Hosting.

Please can you let me know why this is happening and how I can get CSV import to work?

I’ve made sure that files I’m using are UTF-8 and well formatted.

Thank you for your help!

I seems like it is having problems reading what columns you have mapped to what Omeka elements, though I would have expected that to only happen when you begin the import.

There should be a trace of all the lines leading up to the warning. Could you post that, too?

The entire error log file is pasted below. Thank you for your assistance.

[18-Jul-2016 12:57:46 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/paramajm/public_html/omeka/plugins/CsvImport/forms/Mapping.php on line 292 [18-Jul-2016 12:57:46 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/paramajm/public_html/omeka/plugins/CsvImport/forms/Mapping.php on line 292 [18-Jul-2016 12:57:46 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/paramajm/public_html/omeka/plugins/CsvImport/forms/Mapping.php on line 292 [18-Jul-2016 12:57:46 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/paramajm/public_html/omeka/plugins/CsvImport/forms/Mapping.php on line 292 [18-Jul-2016 12:57:46 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/paramajm/public_html/omeka/plugins/CsvImport/forms/Mapping.php on line 292 [18-Jul-2016 12:57:46 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/paramajm/public_html/omeka/plugins/CsvImport/forms/Mapping.php on line 292 [18-Jul-2016 12:57:46 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/paramajm/public_html/omeka/plugins/CsvImport/forms/Mapping.php on line 292 [18-Jul-2016 12:57:46 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/paramajm/public_html/omeka/plugins/CsvImport/forms/Mapping.php on line 292 [18-Jul-2016 13:11:02 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/paramajm/public_html/omeka/plugins/CsvImport/forms/Mapping.php on line 292 [18-Jul-2016 13:11:02 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/paramajm/public_html/omeka/plugins/CsvImport/forms/Mapping.php on line 292 [18-Jul-2016 13:11:02 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/paramajm/public_html/omeka/plugins/CsvImport/forms/Mapping.php on line 292 [18-Jul-2016 13:11:02 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/paramajm/public_html/omeka/plugins/CsvImport/forms/Mapping.php on line 292 [18-Jul-2016 13:11:02 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/paramajm/public_html/omeka/plugins/CsvImport/forms/Mapping.php on line 292 [18-Jul-2016 13:11:02 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/paramajm/public_html/omeka/plugins/CsvImport/forms/Mapping.php on line 292 [18-Jul-2016 13:11:02 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/paramajm/public_html/omeka/plugins/CsvImport/forms/Mapping.php on line 292 [18-Jul-2016 13:11:02 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/paramajm/public_html/omeka/plugins/CsvImport/forms/Mapping.php on line 292 [18-Jul-2016 13:22:14 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/paramajm/public_html/omeka/plugins/CsvImport/forms/Mapping.php on line 292 [18-Jul-2016 13:22:14 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/paramajm/public_html/omeka/plugins/CsvImport/forms/Mapping.php on line 292 [18-Jul-2016 13:22:14 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/paramajm/public_html/omeka/plugins/CsvImport/forms/Mapping.php on line 292 [18-Jul-2016 13:22:14 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/paramajm/public_html/omeka/plugins/CsvImport/forms/Mapping.php on line 292 [18-Jul-2016 13:22:14 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/paramajm/public_html/omeka/plugins/CsvImport/forms/Mapping.php on line 292 [18-Jul-2016 14:25:04 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/paramajm/public_html/omeka/plugins/CsvImport/forms/Mapping.php on line 292 [18-Jul-2016 14:25:04 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/paramajm/public_html/omeka/plugins/CsvImport/forms/Mapping.php on line 292 [18-Jul-2016 14:25:04 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/paramajm/public_html/omeka/plugins/CsvImport/forms/Mapping.php on line 292 [18-Jul-2016 14:25:04 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/paramajm/public_html/omeka/plugins/CsvImport/forms/Mapping.php on line 292 [18-Jul-2016 14:25:04 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/paramajm/public_html/omeka/plugins/CsvImport/forms/Mapping.php on line 292 [18-Jul-2016 14:25:04 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/paramajm/public_html/omeka/plugins/CsvImport/forms/Mapping.php on line 292 [18-Jul-2016 14:25:04 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/paramajm/public_html/omeka/plugins/CsvImport/forms/Mapping.php on line 292 [18-Jul-2016 14:25:04 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/paramajm/public_html/omeka/plugins/CsvImport/forms/Mapping.php on line 292

hmm…sadly there’s no more helpful information there.

Have you tried other CSV files? The plugin comes with a test.csv file in the csv_files directory. It might be worth trying that to see if has the same problem. If not, that probably means looking for some kind of error in the your csv file itself.

Hi Patrick, I just tried the test files and its giving me the same error. I tried both files with and without automap respectively, only to get the same error message. Do you think this is an issue in the Omeka side of things, or in the Reclaim Hosting side of things, or do you think that I might have made an error in installing CSV Import (which is also very likely)?

Thanks

Curious. We have enough users on Reclaim that I’d think if it were either Omeka or Reclaim, we’d have encountered things like this before and frequently.

So, I’d go with your third idea, that something odd happened during installation. I’d try completely uninstalling it and deleting the files, then reinstalling the latest version of CSVImport.

The problem seems to have resolved itself! I’m sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner. Thank you for your assistance :slight_smile:

I’m writing to report that I am having a similar problem. After locating this thread, I followed the advice above (uninstalling and reinstalling the cvs importer plug-in) and have had the same issue arise, both with a csv file of my own and the test file included with the plug-in. Any suggestions for correcting this would be very helpful. Thanks!

I also am having the identical problem described above. I also use Reclaim. I also tried with both my CSV and with the test one. I also received the same error message regarding line 292. I have un-installed and re-installed the plug-in. I appreciate any advice about resolving this.

I wonder if it has anything to do with this posting in the Reclaim Hosting forum related to the PHP-CLI activation which impacts Neatline and CSV Import plugins?

I was getting an error in Neatline when trying to import Omeka records and once I set this properly the problem was resolved.