CSV Import error for Revise. Unable to stop job

CSV Import has been working great for the ‘Create a new resource’ action.

Today I tried the ‘Revise data of the resource’ and ‘Update data of the resource’ actions, with ‘Create a new resource’ set for unidentified resources. Both jobs are hanging with errors. Existing Omeka items are revised, but no new resources are created.

Neither job has a button to attempt to stop the job. And the “undo” import checkbox is greyed out for both of these jobs.

3 questions.

1. How can I stop these jobs?
  2. Why aren’t new resources created?
  3. Why am I getting errors?

Here’s the error I’m getting:

Doctrine\ORM\ORMInvalidArgumentException: Multiple non-persisted new entities were found through the given association graph:

• A new entity was found through the relationship ‘Omeka\Entity\ResourceTemplateProperty#property’ that was not configured to cascade persist operations for entity: DoctrineProxies_CG_\Omeka\Entity\Property@000000007d1f6d7d000000003b780daa. To solve this issue: Either explicitly call EntityManager#persist() on this unknown entity or configure cascade persist this association in the mapping for example @ManyToOne(…,cascade={“persist”}). If you cannot find out which entity causes the problem implement ‘Omeka\Entity\Property#__toString()’ to get a clue.
  • A new entity was found through the relationship ‘Omeka\Entity\ResourceTemplateProperty#property’ that was not configured to cascade persist operations for entity: DoctrineProxies_CG_\Omeka\Entity\Property@000000007d1f6d7e000000003b780daa. To solve this issue: Either explicitly call EntityManager#persist() on this unknown entity or configure cascade persist this association in the mapping for example @ManyToOne(…,cascade={“persist”}). If you cannot find out which entity causes the problem implement ‘Omeka\Entity\Property#__toString()’ to get a clue. in /home/cwrgmpro/public_html/vendor/doctrine/orm/lib/Doctrine/ORM/ORMInvalidArgumentException.php:105
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/cwrgmpro/public_html/vendor/doctrine/orm/lib/Doctrine/ORM/UnitOfWork.php(3460): Doctrine\ORM\ORMInvalidArgumentException::newEntitiesFoundThroughRelationships(Array)
    #1 /home/cwrgmpro/public_html/vendor/doctrine/orm/lib/Doctrine/ORM/UnitOfWork.php(365): Doctrine\ORM\UnitOfWork->assertThatThereAreNoUnintentionallyNonPersistedAssociations()
    #2 /home/cwrgmpro/public_html/vendor/doctrine/orm/lib/Doctrine/ORM/EntityManager.php(368): Doctrine\ORM\UnitOfWork->commit(NULL)
    #3 /home/cwrgmpro/public_html/application/src/Api/Adapter/AbstractEntityAdapter.php(419): Doctrine\ORM\EntityManager->flush()
    #4 /home/cwrgmpro/public_html/application/src/Api/Manager.php(233): Omeka\Api\Adapter\AbstractEntityAdapter->update(Object(Omeka\Api\Request))
    #5 /home/cwrgmpro/public_html/application/src/Api/Manager.php(136): Omeka\Api\Manager->execute(Object(Omeka\Api\Request))
    #6 /home/cwrgmpro/public_html/application/src/Mvc/Controller/Plugin/Api.php(152): Omeka\Api\Manager->update(‘csvimport_impor…’, 28, Array, Array, Array)
    #7 /home/cwrgmpro/public_html/modules/CSVImport/src/Job/Import.php(1252): Omeka\Mvc\Controller\Plugin\Api->update(‘csvimport_impor…’, 28, Array)
    #8 /home/cwrgmpro/public_html/modules/CSVImport/src/Job/Import.php(236): CSVImport\Job\Import->endJob()
    #9 /home/cwrgmpro/public_html/application/src/Job/DispatchStrategy/Synchronous.php(34): CSVImport\Job\Import->perform()
    #10 /home/cwrgmpro/public_html/modules/Log/src/Job/Dispatcher.php(32): Omeka\Job\DispatchStrategy\Synchronous->send(Object(Omeka\Entity\Job))
    #11 /home/cwrgmpro/public_html/application/data/scripts/perform-job.php(44): Log\Job\Dispatcher->send(Object(Omeka\Entity\Job), Object(Log\Job\DispatchStrategy\Synchronous))
    #12 {main}

In case this is related, I get this error occasionally when I am navigating in the Omeka S dashboard, but haven’t noticed a pattern in its occurrence. After I get the error, Omeka logs me out.

Some installation requirements were not satisfied.

• An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection refused

My error is similar to the errors mentioned in these posts:

The jobs are probably stopping when they encounter these errors. Is the status “Error” or something else?

We have seen these “new entity found” errors before, though less often in the CSV Import module. The only example of this specific problem happening that I’m aware of previously involved setting jobs to use the “synchronous” strategy (to run them on servers that do not support background jobs), but it looks from your error backtrace that you’re using the regular background jobs.

What other modules are you using? It’s possible this is the result of some interaction between another module and CSV Import.

Thanks @jflatnes

I disabled all modules and attempted to import, but I still get the same error. The error occurs with an ‘update’ or ‘revise’ job with the ‘create resource’ option. Importing with ‘replace’ (and the ‘create resource’ option) completes without error.

Deactivating bulk-edit and numeric-data-types modules worked for me now (revise/update with CSVImport)

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.