Doctrine throws ORMInvalidArgumentException on batch edit items

I get the following error when I try to batch edit (the included one, not the BulkEdit module) items in Omeka-S 3.0.1:

Doctrine\ORM\ORMInvalidArgumentException
A new entity was found through the relationship ‘Omeka\Entity\Value#resource’ that was not configured to cascade persist operations for entity: Omeka\Entity\Item@000000007a7db09d00000000017a7223. To solve this issue: Either explicitly call EntityManager#persist() on this unknown entity or configure cascade persist this association in the mapping for example @ManyToOne(…,cascade={“persist”}). If you cannot find out which entity causes the problem implement ‘Omeka\Entity\Resource#__toString()’ to get a clue.

Details:

Doctrine\ORM\ORMInvalidArgumentException: A new entity was found through the relationship 'Omeka\Entity\Value#resource' that was not configured to cascade persist operations for entity: Omeka\Entity\Item@000000007a7db09d00000000017a7223. To solve this issue: Either explicitly call EntityManager#persist() on this unknown entity or configure cascade persist this association in the mapping for example @ManyToOne(..,cascade={"persist"}). If you cannot find out which entity causes the problem implement 'Omeka\Entity\Resource#__toString()' to get a clue. in /data/srv/www/htdocs/omeka-s/vendor/doctrine/orm/lib/Doctrine/ORM/ORMInvalidArgumentException.php:102
Stack trace:
#0 /data/srv/www/htdocs/omeka-s/vendor/doctrine/orm/lib/Doctrine/ORM/UnitOfWork.php(3460): Doctrine\ORM\ORMInvalidArgumentException::newEntitiesFoundThroughRelationships()
#1 /data/srv/www/htdocs/omeka-s/vendor/doctrine/orm/lib/Doctrine/ORM/UnitOfWork.php(365): Doctrine\ORM\UnitOfWork->assertThatThereAreNoUnintentionallyNonPersistedAssociations()
#2 /data/srv/www/htdocs/omeka-s/vendor/doctrine/orm/lib/Doctrine/ORM/EntityManager.php(368): Doctrine\ORM\UnitOfWork->commit()
#3 /data/srv/www/htdocs/omeka-s/application/src/Api/Adapter/AbstractEntityAdapter.php(449): Doctrine\ORM\EntityManager->flush()
#4 /data/srv/www/htdocs/omeka-s/application/src/Api/Manager.php(236): Omeka\Api\Adapter\AbstractEntityAdapter->batchUpdate()
#5 /data/srv/www/htdocs/omeka-s/application/src/Api/Manager.php(146): Omeka\Api\Manager->execute()
#6 /data/srv/www/htdocs/omeka-s/application/src/Mvc/Controller/Plugin/Api.php(171): Omeka\Api\Manager->batchUpdate()
#7 /data/srv/www/htdocs/omeka-s/application/src/Controller/Admin/ItemController.php(290): Omeka\Mvc\Controller\Plugin\Api->batchUpdate()
#8 /data/srv/www/htdocs/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/Controller/AbstractActionController.php(77): Omeka\Controller\Admin\ItemController->batchEditAction()
#9 /data/srv/www/htdocs/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(321): Laminas\Mvc\Controller\AbstractActionController->onDispatch()
#10 /data/srv/www/htdocs/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(178): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners()
#11 /data/srv/www/htdocs/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/Controller/AbstractController.php(103): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEventUntil()
#12 /data/srv/www/htdocs/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/DispatchListener.php(139): Laminas\Mvc\Controller\AbstractController->dispatch()
#13 /data/srv/www/htdocs/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(321): Laminas\Mvc\DispatchListener->onDispatch()
#14 /data/srv/www/htdocs/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(178): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners()
#15 /data/srv/www/htdocs/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/Application.php(331): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEventUntil()
#16 /data/srv/www/htdocs/omeka-s/index.php(21): Laminas\Mvc\Application->run()
#17 {main}

I’m not sure why you’re having that issue… it may be related to a module you have installed.

Though the error message is different, I believe that a recent fix for a related issue would probably resolve this problem also.

I have now tried out the modules individually. The error does not occur when I deactivate the Bulk Edit and Numeric Data Types modules. As soon as I even activate one of the two, the error occurs again. Just to make it clear, I’m not using a BulkEdit function in my test, but the ‘Clear property values’ function of the integrated batch edit.

The used Versions are:

• Bulk Edit: 3.3.12.4
  • Numeric Data Types: 1.5.1
  • Omeka-S: 3.0.1

I will now try your suggested fix.

Your posted fix fixed it!

Okay, that’s good to know, thanks for reporting back on that.

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.