I finally updated to Omeka S 3.1, but I am encountering a rather significant issue. All new items are now assigned by default to all available sites.
To clarify, as far as I understand there are two locations where this setting can be changed:
- at the site level, by enabling the “assign new items by default” option (in my case, only one site has this enabled)
- at the user level, by listing which should be the default values for a given user.
Both settings seem to be disregarded: whenever I create a new item, this is assigned by default to all sites. The assignment can be removed manually, but this implies more than a dozen clicks for each new items… tedious and error-prone.
Further things I tried, to no avail:
- enabling and disabling the relevant option at the site/user level
- trying with different users (admin/editor)
Somewhat puzzingly, when I create a new item with an editor that doesn’t have access to all sites, Omeka kind of seems to want to assign those as wells, leaving blank lines in the list:
The item is then not actually added to those sites, only to the ones the user has access to.
Even if I create a new site after upgrade, then all new items are assigned to that as well, no matter the site settings.
As things stand, I will probably revert to the previous version, unless you have good suggestions for further troubleshooting/fixing this. Perhaps I am just missing something obvious. Thanks a lot!
Together with the update to 3.1, I also upgraded to php8, but the issue emerges even keeping php 7.4.