Xampp compatibility?

I have asked this question in a different way but cannot find any way forward so I am beginning to wonder.
In the Omeka legacy archives patrickmj April 27, 2016

said : "…Generally speaking, if WordPress can get up and running on a server, it should be possible to get Omeka up and running without too much work. "

So with my current setup Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and Xampp from Apache Friends

• Apache/2.4.39 (Unix) OpenSSL/1.0.2s PHP/7.3.8 mod_perl/2.0.8-dev Perl/v5.16.3
  • Database client version: libmysql - mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: 7cc7cc96e675f6d72e5cf0f267f48e167c2abb23 $
    • Apache/2.4.39 (Unix) OpenSSL/1.0.2s PHP/7.3.8 mod_perl/2.0.8-dev Perl/v5.16.3
  • Database client version: libmysql - mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: 7cc7cc96e675f6d72e5cf0f267f48e167c2abb23 $
  • PHP extension: mysqli curl mbstring
  • PHP version: 7.3.8

and localhost/ shows myphpadmin with all up and running I installed wordpress and immediately got into the wordpress install dialogue.

I did this because I can’t do the same with Omeka 2.7. That install crashes out almost immediately with
Omeka has encountered an error
Zend_Exception
File “Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php” does not exist or class “Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli” was not found in the file

So my question is, have I missed something or is it a basic incompatibilty issue?

That’s not an error we typically see… you’re sure all the Omeka files got unzipped and/or copied over?

Thankyou for picking up on this. It must be something stupid I’ve overlooked but what I’m really lacking are the tools to track it down.

So yes, missing files is a good place to start

In my Downloads folder is the basic Omeka download:

omeka-2.7.zip properties 16,5 MB (16 523 310 bytes)

which when when unzipped,also in the Downloads folder, gives:

omeka-2.7 properties 6 364 items, totalling 64,9 MB

then after copy pasting to /opt/lampp/htdocs gives:

name omeka-2.7 contents 6 354 items, totalling 64,9 MB

That’s interesting, we seem to be missing 10 items

Manual search doesn’t reveal anything so:

$ diff /home/brian/Downloads/omeka-2.7/ /opt/lampp/htdocs/omeka-2.7
Common subdirectories: /home/brian/Downloads/omeka-2.7/admin and /opt/lampp/htdocs/omeka-2.7/admin
Common subdirectories: /home/brian/Downloads/omeka-2.7/application and /opt/lampp/htdocs/omeka-2.7/application
diff /home/brian/Downloads/omeka-2.7/db.ini /opt/lampp/htdocs/omeka-2.7/db.ini
13,16c13,16
< host = “XXXXXXX”
< username = “XXXXXXX”
< password = “XXXXXXX”
< dbname = “XXXXXXX”

host = “localhost”
username = “omeka_user”
password = “not the real password”
dbname = “omeka_Db”
Common subdirectories: /home/brian/Downloads/omeka-2.7/files and /opt/lampp/htdocs/omeka-2.7/files
diff /home/brian/Downloads/omeka-2.7/.htaccess /opt/lampp/htdocs/omeka-2.7/.htaccess
14c14
< # SetEnv APPLICATION_ENV development

SetEnv APPLICATION_ENV development
Common subdirectories: /home/brian/Downloads/omeka-2.7/install and /opt/lampp/htdocs/omeka-2.7/install
Common subdirectories: /home/brian/Downloads/omeka-2.7/plugins and /opt/lampp/htdocs/omeka-2.7/plugins
Common subdirectories: /home/brian/Downloads/omeka-2.7/themes and /opt/lampp/htdocs/omeka-2.7/themes

So basically it just picked up the edits i did to the db.ini and .htaccess files. No clue about the missing ten items however.

I picked up the manual search again because there seems to be a disconnect between what Nautilus reports as items in the Size column and how many items are actually inside any given folder.
And the missing files are all mysqli related in the Zend directory.
It took me a moment to figure out how such a selective delete could have happened.
Before installing Xampp I went to great lengths to make sure the previous Lamp stack has been cleaned out and failed to realise that the process went through the existing Omeka files as well.
I have recopied the Omeka file into htdocs and now I’m into Omeka install with all the usual errors that are easily googled. Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.