ValueSuggest and Wikidata modules together in Omeka S

Hi! I am configuring my Omeka S instance, and I noticed that when I have the Wikidata and ValueSuggest modules both activated, ValueSuggest will no longer work. I’ll type in content but it will not autocomplete or show me a drop-down. Wikidata still works fine when the two are both installed, but ValueSuggest will only work if I deactivate Wikidata. Has anyone had the same issue? Thank you so much!

1 Like

It looks like Wikidata is also a “suggestion” module: I assume you don’t have them configured on the same properties/values?

My best guess would be some sort of Javascript conflict… do you see any errors in your browser’s Javascript console when using the item edit form with both modules enabled?

It looks like this was recently reported to the Wikidata module developer, who marked it as a bug, so my guess would be it’s some sort of issue from that end.

1 Like

Hi, same problem here. The fact is I can’t see any type of errors, simply the ValueSuggest seems dead.
Plus, when I added the Wikidata Module, the properties added previously with ValueSuggest are invisible in the Item template, insted they are still present in the page of the browser. It’s a strange behavior.
In reality, even if I deactivate Wikidata, it seems the ValueSuggest has some difficulty in working (I’m using the Getty AAT), like it’s hard to get the dropdown working.

For instance if I write “fashion” it gives me languages like “Farsi”

1 Like

I have exactly the same problem.

I have uninstalled and then even removed the Wikidata Module, but the ValueSuggest module reacts strangely. I am using the Getty artist list for artist names and when I type “Bronzino” I get “Pontormo”; when I type “Caravaggio”, I get “Caravaggisti” and so on. Is there a way to fix this?

I am using the Getty artist list for artist names and when I type “Bronzino” I get “Pontormo”; when I type “Caravaggio”, I get “Caravaggisti” and so on.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I’ve made a change to the module that fixes this. It should be available in the next release. In the meantime, you could make the changes yourself by editing the file: module/ValueSuggest/src/Suggester/Getty/Sparql.php and following this diff:

diff --git a/src/Suggester/Getty/Sparql.php b/src/Suggester/Getty/Sparql.php
index 6fdc15a..9ef319a 100644
--- a/src/Suggester/Getty/Sparql.php
+++ b/src/Suggester/Getty/Sparql.php
@@ -47,12 +47,13 @@ SELECT ?Subject ?Term ?Parents ?ScopeNote ?ScopeNoteEn {
     OPTIONAL {?Subject gvp:parentString ?Parents}
     OPTIONAL {?Subject skos:scopeNote [dct:language gvp_lang:%s; rdf:value ?ScopeNote]}
     OPTIONAL {?Subject skos:scopeNote [dct:language gvp_lang:en; rdf:value ?ScopeNoteEn]}
-    FILTER langMatches(lang(?Term), "%s")
+    %s
 } LIMIT 500',
             addslashes($query),
             $this->scheme,
             $lang ?: 'en',
-            $lang ?: 'en'
+            // Do not filter by language when querying names from ULAN.
+            'ulan' === $this->scheme ? '' : sprintf('FILTER langMatches(lang(?Term), "%s")', $lang ?: 'en')
         );
         $client = $this->client->setUri(self::ENDPOINT)->setParameterGet([
             'query' => $sparqlQuery,

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.