Using old data base with new install

I have Omeka 1.3.2 installed on one directory . I have created a Wordpress site (wp.phsnh.org) on the same server (a sub-directory of the old site) and re-directed the old domain to it. If I install Omeka 2.6.1 in the directory with Wordpress, can I simply direct it to the old database? Or will that cause problems? What is the best approach to this?

Mike Sutherland

You can definitely do an Omeka install inside a Wordpress directory, but you’ll have to upgrade to an interim version before you get to 2.6.1. Always back up your database before you upgrade.

You may want to move from your current version to 2.0, and then to 2.6.1. You’ll also want to check to make sure you have the appropriate system requirements for the current version. In addition to upgrading the database in the core software, you’ll have to add updated versions of your plugins and themes.

The instructions for upgrading are here: https://omeka.org/classic/docs/Installation/Upgrading/

I am trying to upgrade from v 1.3.2 to v 2.0.4 (eventually to v2.6.1). Server is Bluehost. The old directory is omeka-1.3.2 as you see below. I unzipped 2.0.4 to my computer and uploaded the files using Filezilla. I renamed the old archive to files and files/files to original and copied it to the new location. I also copied the db.ini from old to new. When I tried to open the admin dashboard, I received an error.

Apparently, there is a table missing from the database. Where can I find the basic table to add to the database or the structure to allow me to re-create it? Or???

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike Sutherland

Error:
Mysqli prepare error: Table ‘phsnhorg_phs.omeka_sessions’ doesn’t exist

#0 /home5/phsnhorg/public_html/omeka-1.3.2/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare(‘SELECT omeka_s...') #1 /home5/phsnhorg/public_html/omeka-1.3.2/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), 'SELECTomeka_s…’)
#2 /home5/phsnhorg/public_html/omeka-1.3.2/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare(‘SELECT omeka_s...') #3 /home5/phsnhorg/public_html/omeka-1.3.2/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Table/Abstract.php(1575): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(Object(Zend_Db_Table_Select)) #4 /home5/phsnhorg/public_html/omeka-1.3.2/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Table/Abstract.php(1390): Zend_Db_Table_Abstract->_fetch(Object(Zend_Db_Table_Select)) #5 /home5/phsnhorg/public_html/omeka-1.3.2/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Table/Abstract.php(1355): Zend_Db_Table_Abstract->fetchAll('((omeka_sessio…’)
#6 [internal function]: Zend_Db_Table_Abstract->find(‘jldvd26oa61l7b1…’)
#7 /home5/phsnhorg/public_html/omeka-1.3.2/application/libraries/Zend/Session/SaveHandler/DbTable.php(318): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#8 [internal function]: Zend_Session_SaveHandler_DbTable->read(‘jldvd26oa61l7b1…’)
#9 /home5/phsnhorg/public_html/omeka-1.3.2/application/libraries/Zend/Session.php(477): session_start()
#10 /home5/phsnhorg/public_html/omeka-1.3.2/application/libraries/Zend/Session/Namespace.php(143): Zend_Session::start(true)
#11 /home5/phsnhorg/public_html/omeka-1.3.2/application/libraries/Zend/Auth/Storage/Session.php(87): Zend_Session_Namespace->__construct(‘Zend_Auth’)
#12 /home5/phsnhorg/public_html/omeka-1.3.2/application/libraries/Zend/Auth.php(91): Zend_Auth_Storage_Session->__construct()
#13 /home5/phsnhorg/public_html/omeka-1.3.2/application/libraries/Zend/Auth.php(141): Zend_Auth->getStorage()
#14 /home5/phsnhorg/public_html/omeka-1.3.2/application/libraries/Omeka/Application/Resource/Currentuser.php(41): Zend_Auth->hasIdentity()
#15 /home5/phsnhorg/public_html/omeka-1.3.2/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php(683): Omeka_Application_Resource_Currentuser->init()
#16 /home5/phsnhorg/public_html/omeka-1.3.2/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php(629): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_BootstrapAbstract->_executeResource(‘Currentuser’)
#17 /home5/phsnhorg/public_html/omeka-1.3.2/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php(586): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_BootstrapAbstract->_bootstrap(‘Currentuser’)
#18 /home5/phsnhorg/public_html/omeka-1.3.2/application/libraries/Omeka/Application/Resource/Helpers.php(117): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_BootstrapAbstract->bootstrap(‘Currentuser’)
#19 /home5/phsnhorg/public_html/omeka-1.3.2/application/libraries/Omeka/Application/Resource/Helpers.php(21): Omeka_Application_Resource_Helpers->_initAclHelper()
#20 /home5/phsnhorg/public_html/omeka-1.3.2/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php(683): Omeka_Application_Resource_Helpers->init()
#21 /home5/phsnhorg/public_html/omeka-1.3.2/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php(629): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_BootstrapAbstract->_executeResource(‘Helpers’)
#22 /home5/phsnhorg/public_html/omeka-1.3.2/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php(586): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_BootstrapAbstract->_bootstrap(‘Helpers’)
#23 /home5/phsnhorg/public_html/omeka-1.3.2/application/libraries/Omeka/Application/Resource/Frontcontroller.php(46): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_BootstrapAbstract->bootstrap(‘Helpers’)
#24 /home5/phsnhorg/public_html/omeka-1.3.2/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php(683): Omeka_Application_Resource_Frontcontroller->init()
#25 /home5/phsnhorg/public_html/omeka-1.3.2/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php(626): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_BootstrapAbstract->_executeResource(‘frontcontroller’)
#26 /home5/phsnhorg/public_html/omeka-1.3.2/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php(586): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_BootstrapAbstract->_bootstrap(NULL)
#27 /home5/phsnhorg/public_html/omeka-1.3.2/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(355): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_BootstrapAbstract->bootstrap(NULL)
#28 /home5/phsnhorg/public_html/omeka-1.3.2/application/libraries/Omeka/Application.php(51): Zend_Application->bootstrap()
#29 /home5/phsnhorg/public_html/omeka-1.3.2/admin/index.php(28): Omeka_Application->initialize()
#30 {main}

Addendum:

Thinking that the error above might have resulted from hidden files not being copied to the server, I uploaded the zip file to the server and extracted the files there. Then copied the revised ‘file’ table and db.ini file to the new install. The same error resulted when I tried to open Omeka 2.0.4 or open the admin dashboard = “Mysqli prepare error: Table ‘phsnhorg_phs.omeka_sessions’ doesn’t exist”

This suggests to me that you might want to make an interim upgrade to 1.5 and then up to 2.0. You’re moving through lots of versions with major changes in the infrastructure.

SUCCESS! I upgraded to 1.5.3, 2.0.4 and 2.6.1.

I still have to do some checking, but all seems well.

Thank you so much for your help!

Mike Sutherland

1 Like