Upgrading to geolocation 3.0 broke my map browsing

Hi Folks,

I had an issue with the Google map plugin showing an error on my Omeka 2.6 instance

I successfully upgraded to Geolocation 3.0 in an attempt to resolve this, but now I get the following error when I attempt to browse by the map (see below). Any suggestions welcome.

Omeka has encountered an error

Zend_Loader_PluginLoader_Exception

Plugin by name ‘GoogleMap’ was not found in the registry; used paths:
Coins_View_Helper_: /home/wyndhistory/public_html/plugins/Coins/views/helpers/
Geolocation_View_Helper_: /home/wyndhistory/public_html/plugins/Geolocation/views/helpers/
Commenting_View_Helper_: /home/wyndhistory/public_html/plugins/Commenting/views/helpers/
ExhibitBuilder_View_Helper_: /home/wyndhistory/public_html/plugins/ExhibitBuilder/views/helpers/
Omeka_View_Helper_: /home/wyndhistory/public_html/application/views/helpers/
Zend_View_Helper_Navigation_: Zend/View/Helper/Navigation/
Zend_View_Helper_: Zend/View/Helper/

exception 'Zend_Loader_PluginLoader_Exception' with message 'Plugin by name 'GoogleMap' was not found in the registry; used paths: Coins_View_Helper_: /home/wyndhistory/public_html/plugins/Coins/views/helpers/ Geolocation_View_Helper_: /home/wyndhistory/public_html/plugins/Geolocation/views/helpers/ Commenting_View_Helper_: /home/wyndhistory/public_html/plugins/Commenting/views/helpers/ ExhibitBuilder_View_Helper_: /home/wyndhistory/public_html/plugins/ExhibitBuilder/views/helpers/ Omeka_View_Helper_: /home/wyndhistory/public_html/application/views/helpers/ Zend_View_Helper_Navigation_: Zend/View/Helper/Navigation/ Zend_View_Helper_: Zend/View/Helper/' in /home/wyndhistory/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Loader/PluginLoader.php:424 Stack trace: #0 /home/wyndhistory/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/View/Abstract.php(1182): Zend_Loader_PluginLoader->load('GoogleMap') #1 /home/wyndhistory/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/View/Abstract.php(618): Zend_View_Abstract->_getPlugin('helper', 'googleMap') #2 /home/wyndhistory/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/View/Abstract.php(344): Zend_View_Abstract->getHelper('googleMap') #3 /home/wyndhistory/public_html/themes/seasons/geolocation/map/browse.php(46): Zend_View_Abstract->__call('googleMap', Array) #4 /home/wyndhistory/public_html/themes/seasons/geolocation/map/browse.php(46): Omeka_View->googleMap('map_browse', Array) #5 /home/wyndhistory/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/View.php(114): include('/home/wyndhisto...') #6 /home/wyndhistory/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/View/Abstract.php(888): Omeka_View->_run('/home/wyndhisto...') #7 /home/wyndhistory/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/Helper/ViewRenderer.php(912): Zend_View_Abstract->render('map/browse.php') #8 /home/wyndhistory/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/Helper/ViewRenderer.php(933): Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_ViewRenderer->renderScript('map/browse.php', NULL) #9 /home/wyndhistory/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/Helper/ViewRenderer.php(972): Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_ViewRenderer->render() #10 /home/wyndhistory/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/HelperBroker.php(277): Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_ViewRenderer->postDispatch() #11 /home/wyndhistory/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(527): Zend_Controller_Action_HelperBroker->notifyPostDispatch() #12 /home/wyndhistory/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('browseAction') #13 /home/wyndhistory/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http)) #14 /home/wyndhistory/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(105): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch() #15 /home/wyndhistory/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(384): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run() #16 /home/wyndhistory/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/Application.php(73): Zend_Application->run() #17 /home/wyndhistory/public_html/index.php(23): Omeka_Application->run() #18 {main}

What versions of Coins, Exhibit Builder, and Commenting are you running?

Does the problem persist across browsers (it might be a caching issue?)

1 Like

It looks like you have a customized “geolocation/map/browse.php” file in your theme.

You’ll have to update that for Geolocation 3.0. Since the plugin doesn’t use Google Maps anymore, there are some functions that used to have “google” in their names which have now changed.

In your theme’s geolocation/map/browse.php file, you’ll need to change googleMap to geolocationMapBrowse . It looks like that call should be on line 46 of the file.

Thanks @jflatnes, changing that line fixed the browsing.

Thanks @mebrett, I’m running the following (my Omeka instance is 2.6):
COinS - Version 2.0.3
Commenting - Version 2.2
Contribution - Version 3.2
Exhibit Builder - Version 3.4

Noting that the map seems to be broken in the contribution form as well.
I don’t think caching is an issue, I’ve tried on several browsers and they’re displaying the same problem.

Are you getting an error there? Or if not, what are you seeing?

Hi this is Dhwanil,

I am having problem in upgrading 3.0 version as i cant find browse.php file in the themes
please help as soon as possible please.

If your theme doesn’t have a geolocation/map/browse.php file then you don’t need to change anything in your theme for the Geolocation 3.0 upgrade.

This topic was automatically closed after 250 days. New replies are no longer allowed.