Upgrading from 1.2 to 1.3

Thought everything in the upgrade was going fine and dandy … I went to: localhost/admin and signed in and everything seems to be in place but when I visit any of the sites I get a message:

Error: Call to a member function getMessage() on null in /var/www/html/application/view/error/index.phtml:6
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-view/src/Renderer/PhpRenderer.php(506): include()
#1 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-view/src/View.php(207): Zend\View\Renderer\PhpRenderer->render(NULL)
#2 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-view/src/View.php(236): Zend\View\View->render(Object(Zend\View\Model\ViewModel))
#3 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-view/src/View.php(200): Zend\View\View->renderChildren(Object(Zend\View\Model\ViewModel))
#4 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-mvc/src/View/Http/DefaultRenderingStrategy.php(105): Zend\View\View->render(Object(Zend\View\Model\ViewModel))
#5 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(322): Zend\Mvc\View\Http\DefaultRenderingStrategy->render(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#6 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(171): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#7 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-mvc/src/Application.php(367): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEvent(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#8 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-mvc/src/Application.php(326): Zend\Mvc\Application->completeRequest(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#9 /var/www/html/index.php(21): Zend\Mvc\Application->run()
#10 {main}

has anybody seen this and know what I did wrong?
thanks, Peter

Hmmm, this error you’re seeing is actually an error happening when we’re trying to show the error page… meaning it’s probably masking something else that’s happening.

This is happening when you’re viewing the sites on the admin side or the public side? If you have logging enabled, it might have a better indication of what’s happening.