Universal Viewer config doesn't work for me

Anyone have experience configuring the Universal Viewer module (3.6.9) along with Omeka 4.1.0? I’ve been trying everything but nothing changes…whether at the global level or site level using the merge json option. Also tried the deprecated way of creating the ‘universal-viewer’ folder inside the ‘asset’ folder of the theme and uploading a full config.json. No go. BTW, I’m only using the UV module and not the image or iiif server modules. Heck, i even tried modifying the config.json directly in the UV module’s asset folder…but nothing happens. All defaults still. Any ideas?

Here is the json I used for the merge option:

{
  "options": {
    "footerPanelEnabled": false
  }
}

And here is the config.json for the deprecated option:

{
    "dropEnabled": true,
    "footerPanelEnabled": false,
    "headerPanelEnabled": true,
    "leftPanelEnabled": true,
    "limitLocales": false,
    "overrideFullScreen": false,
    "pagingEnabled": true,
    "rightPanelEnabled": true
  },
  "modules": {
    "headerPanel": {
        "localeToggleEnabled": false
      }
    },
    "seadragonCenterPanel": {
        "autoHideControls": false
      }
    }
  }
}

for now, I’ve just put this in the CSS editor:

.uv.universal-viewer .download.btn,
.uv.universal-viewer .share.btn {
	display:none !important;
	}

But I still would like the option of manipulating functionality that can’t be done through CSS.

So, I was able to figure this out. I had previously installed the Image Server and IIIF Server modules to see how they worked but later uninstalled them (decided to host IIIF elsewhere). Since I tried everything else, I thought maybe I needed to delete those modules entirely from the file structure because maybe the UV Module was still looking to them for configuration. So I deleted them and then deleted their rows in the database…and…voila!