Universal Viewer Config - Disable Downloads for certain Sites

Hello,

I am using Universal Viewer 2.0.2 setting on a site with external manifests hosted on another site (Omeka 3.2.1 and Universal Viewer version 3.6.4.5.

This particular site/collection would like to disable the download button on the Universal Viewer for their items, but still keep the display. Is it possible to do this just for a particular site, and not the whole Omeka S installation? I know there was a suggestion given on this thread Sidebar default for Universal Viewer but would like to limit this configuration only for this particular site - even if they need to have custom theme? I see there is a setting to disable the bottom panel On Github that I would try to apply.

Many thanks

Sanjin

Hi Sanjin,

I vaguely recall doing this with our first site. While I forget exactly how it was done, looking through that theme would suggest:

1. We created a separate theme.

2. In the new theme’s ‘asset’ folder we created a new folder titled ‘universal-viewer’.

1. We created a config.json file in this new folder i.e. /asset/universal-viewer/config.json as follows:
{
  "options": {
    "dropEnabled": true,
    "footerPanelEnabled": true,
    "headerPanelEnabled": true,
    "leftPanelEnabled": true,
    "limitLocales": false,
    "overrideFullScreen": false,
    "pagingEnabled": true,
    "rightPanelEnabled": true
  },
  "modules": {
    "headerPanel": {
        "localeToggleEnabled": false
      }
    },
    "footerPanel": {
        "downloadEnabled": false,
        "shareEnabled": false
    }
  },
    "seadragonCenterPanel": {
        "autoHideControls": false,
        "maxZoomPixelRatio": 0.9
      }
    }
  }
}

Of course, you may tailor this as you see fit.

There may be better ways of doing this- indeed I can’t guarantee it will work for you!- but it’s worth a try.

All the best,
John

2 Likes

Dear @johndmc,

This is perfect! Thanks so much. It did exactly what we needed.
Thanks for taking the time to share your code and procedure.
Incredibly grateful,

Sanjin

Hi @sanjinmuftic ,

Delighted it worked for you, many thanks for the confirmation!

All the best,
John

This topic was automatically closed 360 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.