Unexpected Advanced Search Results

I’m not getting the results I expect with an Advanced Search. Actually I’m getting zero results. I’m wondering if this is user error (I’m not constructing my search in the way Omeka S expects) or if this type of search is impossible in Omeka S.

Property name: Military Units
The metadata values I expect to find with my search:

• Confederate States of America. Army. Mississippi Infantry Regiment, 11th
  • Confederate States of America. Army. Mississippi Infantry Regiment, 11th. Company A

Advanced search #1 gets zero results:
military units
contains
infantry regiment 11th

Advanced search #2 gets zero results:
military units
contains
army regiment

Advanced search #3 works:
military units
contains
infantry regiment

So what’s up here? How should I be constructing my advanced search to get results for #1 and #2?

“contains” searches work like their counterparts in Omeka Classic: there must be an exact match to what you’re searching somewhere in the value (vs. “exact” which must exactly match the whole value).

“infantry regiment 11th” is failing to match because of the comma in the value, “army regiment” the words are just spaced apart in the value. “infantry regiment” is an exact substring match so it works.

To do multi-word “contains” searches like this where you don’t care if the words appear in that exact order right next to each other, you could do multiple “rows” of contains searches, one for each word: Military Units contains “army” AND Military Units contains “regiment”, for example.

Thanks @jflatnes
This is helpful.

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.