Unable to send mail: Unknown error

Hello,

with the latest Omeka (3.2.1), when creating a new user or selecting ‘forgot password?’ option I get this error message:

**Laminas\Mail\Transport\Exception\RuntimeException**
Unable to send mail: Unknown error

Details:

Laminas\Mail\Transport\Exception\RuntimeException: Unable to send mail: Unknown error in /var/www/html/boslit.glasgow.ac.uk/www/vendor/laminas/laminas-mail/src/Transport/Sendmail.php:304 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Laminas\Mail\Transport\Sendmail->mailHandler() #1 /var/www/html/boslit.glasgow.ac.uk/www/vendor/laminas/laminas-mail/src/Transport/Sendmail.php(136): call_user_func() #2 /var/www/html/boslit.glasgow.ac.uk/www/application/src/Stdlib/Mailer.php(86): Laminas\Mail\Transport\Sendmail->send() #3 /var/www/html/boslit.glasgow.ac.uk/www/application/src/Stdlib/Mailer.php(237): Omeka\Stdlib\Mailer->send() #4 /var/www/html/boslit.glasgow.ac.uk/www/application/src/Controller/Admin/UserController.php(111): Omeka\Stdlib\Mailer->sendUserActivation() #5 /var/www/html/boslit.glasgow.ac.uk/www/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/Controller/AbstractActionController.php(77): Omeka\Controller\Admin\UserController->addAction() #6 /var/www/html/boslit.glasgow.ac.uk/www/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(321): Laminas\Mvc\Controller\AbstractActionController->onDispatch() #7 /var/www/html/boslit.glasgow.ac.uk/www/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(178): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners() #8 /var/www/html/boslit.glasgow.ac.uk/www/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/Controller/AbstractController.php(103): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEventUntil() #9 /var/www/html/boslit.glasgow.ac.uk/www/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/DispatchListener.php(139): Laminas\Mvc\Controller\AbstractController->dispatch() #10 /var/www/html/boslit.glasgow.ac.uk/www/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(321): Laminas\Mvc\DispatchListener->onDispatch() #11 /var/www/html/boslit.glasgow.ac.uk/www/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(178): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners() #12 /var/www/html/boslit.glasgow.ac.uk/www/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/Application.php(331): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEventUntil() #13 /var/www/html/boslit.glasgow.ac.uk/www/index.php(21): Laminas\Mvc\Application->run() #14 {main}

Is it a misconfiguration on my side? As far as I can remember it’s the first time I get this error. I updated to 3.2.1 from 3.2.0 recently.

Shouldn’t have anything to do with the update.

By default, Omeka S just uses your server’s underlying “sendmail” setup for sending email. This probably indicates that the server’s not set up for sending mail or that there’s some issue with it. If you have a host or IT, you can ask them about email/sendmail.

Thank you, I’ve opened a support ticket with them and hopefully it’s a sendmail issue.

Tips to fix-
Check your internet connection.
Check your SMTP server details.
Verify all usernames and passwords.
Check your SMTP server connection.
Change your SMTP port.
Control your antivirus or firewall settings.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez

Scusami, poi hai risolto?
Ho lo stesso problema…
Did you solve it?
I have your same problem…

It had to do with the server-side configuration, not with Omeka itself.

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.