Translating Universal Viewer dialog into Spanish

Hi:

I would like to translate the Universal Viewer dialog into Spanish, and let it as default language. I’ve inspected the Omeka code and it seems that the texts of the dialog’s options are stored in the files /omeka/plugins/UniversalViewer/views/shared/javascript/uv/lib/uv-[type of file]-extension-[language].config.json. The content of such files are a json object in whitch the dialog messages are set. Because the default option is English I tried to change the en-GB.config.json files, so I turn the value of the attribute “go” by “Ir”, “moreInfo” by “Detalles” etc. but It doesn’t work, which suggests me that some process of “compilation” or something similar has to be done in order to perform the changes.

If someone can give me some guide about this I’would be grateful.

Thanks in advance
Camilo Freire

The module integrates the viewer, but I don’t know anything about it. So you may ask on https://github.com/universalviewer/universalviewer. Another Omeka user included French last year, so you probably can publish your translation on it.

Daniel, thank you very much. I’ll try to join de UV group in order to post the question

Is there already a solution for this? I have the same problem and am looking for a way to change the labels if the universalviewer to german

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 250 days. New replies are no longer allowed.