The ImageMagick directory path does not work

Hi,

I saw that is a very common error but I looked for a lot to solve it and nothing worked.
All work fine with the last version of Omeka classic that I installed on OVH but there is no thumbnails: when I try to add a path in settings it’s written “The ImageMagick directory path does not work.”. I tried a lot of things like “usr/bin”, “usr/locale/bin”, I tried to change the config.ini too but no success. I am sure thaht ImageMagick is installed on my server but do you have any idea to have the path (no answer in OVH forums)? I tried Omeka S too, I prefer Omeka classic for some reasons but it seems that ImageMagick works with Omeka S… so if someone could help me it would be very kind because I spent a lot of time on this error!

Thank you in advance,

Hi,

I finally found the problem, hope this will help someone with the same problem:
in your application/config/config.ini file, change
fileDerivatives.strategy = “Omeka_File_Derivative_Strategy_ExternalImageMagick” by
fileDerivatives.strategy = “Omeka_File_Derivative_Strategy_GD” removing the semicolon.

GD supports fewer kinds of images and files, and it additionally lacks some other features… it’s widely available though so it can be a good choice on servers that are problematic for whatever reason.

In general running a command like which convert when connecting to your server by SSH will tell you where ImageMagick is installed, but servers can do things like disable command execution and a few other settings that make it so Omeka can’t find or run ImageMagick.

Some servers have the “imagick” PHP extension installed; if this is the case, you can use the Imagick strategy and get all the features of ImageMagick without needing to mess with the command line.

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.