Tcp connection refused

Upgraded installation and migrated it to a new server.

I get this when I try to go to item from the view page from admin.
I can otherwise see the item in regular view.

Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Exception

Unable to Connect to tcp://URL.edu:8081. Error #111: Connection refused

This looks like an issue of network connectivity or firewall settings or something like that on your new server. It’s probably not related specifically to Omeka.

On the other hand, you may be able to just have it stop trying to make this connection. Is there more to this error message (particularly, the “traceback”)? I think this is probably coming from some plugin or another, because normally there’d be no need to make an outbound connection like this just to view an item.

Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Exception: Unable to Connect to tcp://omeka.library.appstate.edu:8081. Error #111: Connection refused in /var/www/omeka2020/application/libraries/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php:235
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/omeka2020/application/libraries/Zend/Http/Client.php(1073): Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Socket->connect()
#1 /var/www/omeka2020/plugins/Scripto/libraries/Scripto/Service/MediaWiki.php(671): Zend_Http_Client->request()
#2 /var/www/omeka2020/plugins/Scripto/libraries/Scripto/Service/MediaWiki.php(465): Scripto_Service_MediaWiki->_request()
#3 /var/www/omeka2020/plugins/Scripto/libraries/Scripto/Service/MediaWiki.php(160): Scripto_Service_MediaWiki->query()
#4 /var/www/omeka2020/plugins/Scripto/libraries/Scripto.php(219): Scripto_Service_MediaWiki->getUserInfo()
#5 /var/www/omeka2020/plugins/Scripto/libraries/Scripto.php(88): Scripto->setUserInfo()
#6 /var/www/omeka2020/plugins/Scripto/ScriptoPlugin.php(369): Scripto->__construct()
#7 /var/www/omeka2020/plugins/Scripto/ScriptoPlugin.php(294): ScriptoPlugin::getScripto()
#8 /var/www/omeka2020/plugins/Scripto/ScriptoPlugin.php(261): ScriptoPlugin->_appendToItemsShow()
#9 /var/www/omeka2020/application/libraries/Omeka/Plugin/Broker.php(154): ScriptoPlugin->hookAdminItemsShow()
#10 /var/www/omeka2020/application/libraries/globals.php(188): Omeka_Plugin_Broker->callHook()
#11 /var/www/omeka2020/admin/themes/default/items/show.php(23): fire_plugin_hook()
#12 /var/www/omeka2020/application/libraries/Omeka/View.php(114): include(’/var/www/omeka2…’)
#13 /var/www/omeka2020/application/libraries/Zend/View/Abstract.php(888): Omeka_View->_run()
#14 /var/www/omeka2020/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/Helper/ViewRenderer.php(912): Zend_View_Abstract->render()
#15 /var/www/omeka2020/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/Helper/ViewRenderer.php(933): Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_ViewRenderer->renderScript()
#16 /var/www/omeka2020/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/Helper/ViewRenderer.php(972): Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_ViewRenderer->render()
#17 /var/www/omeka2020/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/HelperBroker.php(277): Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_ViewRenderer->postDispatch()
#18 /var/www/omeka2020/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(527): Zend_Controller_Action_HelperBroker->notifyPostDispatch()
#19 /var/www/omeka2020/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch()
#20 /var/www/omeka2020/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch()
#21 /var/www/omeka2020/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(105): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
#22 /var/www/omeka2020/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(384): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
#23 /var/www/omeka2020/application/libraries/Omeka/Application.php(73): Zend_Application->run()
#24 /var/www/omeka2020/admin/index.php(28): Omeka_Application->run()
#25 {main}

It does appear to be somewhere in the Scripto plugin. That is the newest version I could find.

So this is basically telling you that Scripto cannot connect to the MediaWiki installation at the given URL. Did you move the MediaWiki installation when you moved the rest of the site? If it’s on a different server it’s definitely possible for this to be a firewall kind of issue. If you have IT support available you could ask them to look into the connectivity here.

Ah it turns out the sys admin didn’t move MediaWiki over. I made modifications and themes to Omeka…unfortunately I don’t really use it so I don’t know what all the users need for each installation.

This topic was automatically closed after 250 days. New replies are no longer allowed.