Stuck trying to diagnose error on PHP8.0 upgrade

Hi!

I have a site that is running Omeka Classic at the latest version swimmingly in local dev environment and in a staging environment on PHP 8.0, but as soon as I toggle the production server over from PHP 7.4 to PHP 8.0 I get a 500 error whitescreen. I’m pulling my hair out over here trying to figure out what could be causing this, and figured I’d drop a line in the forums – has anyone seen any similar error? Anything I might be forgetting to check?

For a “white screen” 500 error, this usually means a fatal PHP error is occurring. If PHP is set up to log on your server (it usually is) then the PHP logs should contain the relevant error. Depending on your server setup, PHP’s logs might go to Apache’s error log, to a dedicated log file, or elsewhere.

As another option, you can enable error display which should replace the white screen with a listing of the error message.

Dunno if this is the same but having same result (500 error) when uploading images. Otherwise seems to be working fine but when there’s an image(s) uploaded, results this error.

Have you found out reason for your problems?

Yeah, my problems turned out to be some sort of misconfiguration on the part of the hosting provider. We never figured out exactly what was going wrong, had to start fresh with a new CPanel instance to get it working.

This topic was automatically closed 360 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.