SocialBookmarking 2.0 in Omeka-2.4

Hi I would like to have the option of being able to use the Social - Bookmarking plugin in version 2.4 CURRENTLY Omeka I try but I get the following error:

Exception
String could not be parsed as XML

exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘String could not be parsed as XML’ in /DATOS/sitios/omeka-2.4/plugins/SocialBookmarking/helpers/SocialBookmarkingFunctions.php:45
Stack trace:
#0 /DATOS/sitios/omeka-2.4/plugins/SocialBookmarking/helpers/SocialBookmarkingFunctions.php(45): SimpleXMLElement->__construct(’’)
#1 /DATOS/sitios/omeka-2.4/plugins/SocialBookmarking/helpers/SocialBookmarkingFunctions.php(55): social_bookmarking_get_services_xml()
#2 /DATOS/sitios/omeka-2.4/plugins/SocialBookmarking/helpers/SocialBookmarkingFunctions.php(23): social_bookmarking_get_services()
#3 /DATOS/sitios/omeka-2.4/plugins/SocialBookmarking/SocialBookmarkingPlugin.php(51): social_bookmarking_get_default_service_settings()
#4 [internal function]: SocialBookmarkingPlugin->hookInstall(Array)
#5 /DATOS/sitios/omeka-2.4/application/libraries/Omeka/Plugin/Broker.php(145): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#6 /DATOS/sitios/omeka-2.4/application/libraries/Omeka/Plugin/Installer.php(130): Omeka_Plugin_Broker->callHook(‘install’, Array, Object(Plugin))
#7 /DATOS/sitios/omeka-2.4/application/controllers/PluginsController.php(97): Omeka_Plugin_Installer->install(Object(Plugin))
#8 /DATOS/sitios/omeka-2.4/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): PluginsController->installAction()
#9 /DATOS/sitios/omeka-2.4/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch(‘installAction’)
#10 /DATOS/sitios/omeka-2.4/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
#11 /DATOS/sitios/omeka-2.4/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(105): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
#12 /DATOS/sitios/omeka-2.4/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(384): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
#13 /DATOS/sitios/omeka-2.4/application/libraries/Omeka/Application.php(79): Zend_Application->run()
#14 /DATOS/sitios/omeka-2.4/admin/index.php(28): Omeka_Application->run()
#15 {main}

This is sometimes caused by a problem with the plugin reading data from the underlying service we use, usually due to a network problem. In that case, it is usually sporadic.

So, does this happen consistently, or only occasionally?

Every time that I try to install the plugin Social-Bookmarking

It looks like the function file_get_contents() is returning an empty string, what can happen in some server configurations. It’s probably worth asking your hosting company or sysadmin if there is any server configuration that might be affecting it.