Social Bookmarking Plugin 2.0.2

To Whom It May Concern:

I am with the University of Houston and we have recently deployed Omeka Classic on a Linux server (CentOS 7). There were close to 30 plugins which needed to be installed. We were able to install all of the necessary plugins except for the Social Bookmarking plugin. I attempted versions 2.0.2, along with 2.0.1 and 2.0. Anytime I click the green ‘Install’ button from within the Omeka Admin Dashboard, I get a page which reads, “Omeka has encountered an error.” All of the other plugins by the Roy Rosenzweig Center for History and New Media seem to have installed correctly. Is there something wrong with the plugin, or is there some configuration change I need to make before I can properly install this plugin?

I’ve attached a screen shot of the actual error message…

What happens when you try to install the plugin after setting Application_Env to develop?

Thank you mebrett for your reply. Do know where I could find instructions for setting Application_Env to develop?

https://omeka.org/classic/docs/Troubleshooting/Retrieving_Error_Messages/

Hello mebrett,

I set the Application_Env to develop (by removing the # in .htaccess). I also set the debug.exceptions to true (in the config.ini file). Now when I try to install the Social Bookmarking Plugin 2.0.2, I receive the following text:

Omeka has encountered an error

Exception

String could not be parsed as XML

exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘String could not be parsed as XML’ in /var/www/html/omeka-2.6.1/plugins/SocialBookmarking/helpers/SocialBookmarkingFunctions.php:45
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/omeka-2.6.1/plugins/SocialBookmarking/helpers/SocialBookmarkingFunctions.php(45): SimpleXMLElement->__construct(’’)
#1 /var/www/html/omeka-2.6.1/plugins/SocialBookmarking/helpers/SocialBookmarkingFunctions.php(55): social_bookmarking_get_services_xml()
#2 /var/www/html/omeka-2.6.1/plugins/SocialBookmarking/helpers/SocialBookmarkingFunctions.php(23): social_bookmarking_get_services()
#3 /var/www/html/omeka-2.6.1/plugins/SocialBookmarking/SocialBookmarkingPlugin.php(51): social_bookmarking_get_default_service_settings()
#4 [internal function]: SocialBookmarkingPlugin->hookInstall(Array)
#5 /var/www/html/omeka-2.6.1/application/libraries/Omeka/Plugin/Broker.php(142): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#6 /var/www/html/omeka-2.6.1/application/libraries/Omeka/Plugin/Installer.php(126): Omeka_Plugin_Broker->callHook(‘install’, Array, Object(Plugin))
#7 /var/www/html/omeka-2.6.1/application/controllers/PluginsController.php(95): Omeka_Plugin_Installer->install(Object(Plugin))
#8 /var/www/html/omeka-2.6.1/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): PluginsController->installAction()
#9 /var/www/html/omeka-2.6.1/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch(‘installAction’)
#10 /var/www/html/omeka-2.6.1/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
#11 /var/www/html/omeka-2.6.1/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(105): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
#12 /var/www/html/omeka-2.6.1/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(384): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
#13 /var/www/html/omeka-2.6.1/application/libraries/Omeka/Application.php(73): Zend_Application->run()
#14 /var/www/html/omeka-2.6.1/admin/index.php(28): Omeka_Application->run()
#15 {main}

Is there a way for me to resolve this and successfully install the Social Bookmarking Plugin 2.0.2?

That’s caused when the external service the plugin uses has an error, and so the plugin can’t get the data it needs. Usually that’s a temporary network problem and disappears after a while. If it doesn’t, though, there might be some deeper issue at work that we’d have to look into.

This topic was automatically closed after 250 days. New replies are no longer allowed.