Size of Neatline Display Box

Dear Wise Omeka Forum,

I’ve built a Neatline Map with pins that, when clicked on, open up a display box. Each display box contains a few sentences and an image. This is a fairly common use of Neatline’s pins. However, with my project when users click on the image it plays a movie (movie was created using i-movie and saved on a youtube channel).

The problem I’m having now is that the display box is too small for the movie. I figured out how to increase the size of the movie by adjusting the size configurations on the movie’s embed code. Yet, while this expanded the movie’s size, it did not increase the display box. As a result, the movie was too large for the display box and much of it got cut off.

Is it possible to increase the size of the display box in Neatline? I’d welcome suggestions in plain English (I’m not a coder…obviously) about how to make adjustments to the size of the display box, or whether such adjustments are even possible in Neatline. Maybe I need to use a different mapping tool?

Thanks so much for your help!

Best,
Heidi

Hi Heidi,

My apologies for missing your message when you posted it orginally!

The only way to change the size of the pop-up boxes in Neatline is to adjust the CSS . Here’s a response from Jeremy Boggs, our head of R&D on where to find that setting: Neatline text box size?

If you have any further questions about this, please don’t hesitate to let us know!

Best,
Ronda

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.