Showing the content of Commenting plugin not working

Hello all,

I am working with the Big Picture theme and the /items/show.php is giving me a little headache. Originally they show Comments on the sidebar after metadata but we want to place it elsewhere on the page.

fire_plugin_hook(‘public_items_show’, array(‘view’ => $this, ‘item’ => $item)); shows the Comments but it also shows other things we don’t want to show so I did some digging and found this:

<?php echo get_specific_plugin_hook_output(‘Commenting’, ‘public_items_show’, array('view' => $this, 'item' => $item)); ?>

But it doesn’t show anything. Most of the incidents on this community are relatively old so I am not sure if there has been a change how to handle get_specific_plugin_hook_output. Our Commenting-plugin is a version 2.4

Any help would be highly appreciated.

It just shows nothing? No errors, just nothing?

The method for getting a specific plugin’s hook output hasn’t changed.

I do notice your code has some “smart” or “curvy” quotes in it. Those would cause a syntax error that would make the page stop rendering at the point you put that code, so maybe that’s what you’re seeing. Those should all be “straight” single quotation marks like this:

<?php echo get_specific_plugin_hook_output('Commenting', 'public_items_show', array('view' => $this, 'item' => $item)); ?> 

It’s possible the curvy quotes are just an artifact of how you posted the code here, but just in case something to check.

I cannot believe it was something so crazy as wrong quotes! Now they work perfectly! Thank you so much @jflatnes for helping me out.

This topic was automatically closed after 250 days. New replies are no longer allowed.