Seeking help for Omeka S site development

Hello–I have established the infrastructure of my developing Reclaim site which links images from IIIFHosting and displays them successfully in Mirador. This was to get some knowledge of the landscape and to be able to ask for and discuss the help I need better.

The site is a research site for 16th century graphic manuscripts (non-alphabetic) from the Americas. Help would be provided in some simple phases in consultative style.

The first phase would be to create a couple of pages with open text blocks of an introductory nature with decorative images–owned by me–place here and there . The next step in this phase would be to present to the user of the site the ability to choose between about 13 item lists. Each item list would have four items. Clicking on the item would lead to the display of the item in the Mirador viewer. What lists of items I have managed to put on a page so far are quite ugly and large.

After that, there would be another phase of adding annotation functions (for the admin and not for the site user) to Mirador.

Please let me know if you can help me develop at least the first phase. The learning curve for each individual task is proving far too steep and time consuming for me so clearly I need an experienced designer and am happy to pay market rates.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi, I have developed and maintained Omeka websites. I can help you redesign and develop new/existing pages. Please let me know your availability for a quick call.

Hello Soundar–Thank you for the reply. Sorry for the delay in answering you. I am getting some effective guidance from someone on a Slack group to build up things like infrastructure. I have been able to build the site to a considerable degree but I will still need help eventually. When I get to a good point, I will be back in touch with you. Jerry Offner