Scripto text all white in Safari

This is probably some weird Safari settings issue, rather than a Scripto issue, but I’m hoping maybe someone knows which weird setting is at play.

In Safari, when reviewing transcriptions on the admin side, the text of the transcription is now displaying as white:
Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 10.07.57 AM

In Chrome, it’s a light gray:

If I open the inspector for the Safari page and disable the rule “media screen” I can get the text to display in that same light gray:

Anyone have thoughts on what Safari is doing to be so weird?

My CSS knowledge isn’t good enough to say why Safari is “doing different”. I can only comment that the current (Monterey) version sees Safari in one of its weird periods. As a dedicated Safari user I find that the app sometimes plays nice with almost all websites, and sometimes it doesn’t. We seem to be in one of the latter periods at the moment. Good luck.

1 Like

I haven’t found much writing on it, but playing around with Safari, it seems to do some odd calculations with the color of a disabled input’s text based off its background color. Explicitly setting the -webkit-text-fill-color property seems to fix it. This is an issue across all of Omeka S’s disabled inputs, so I’ll put a fix into the core.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.