I’ve just set up a brand new installation of Scripto - a migration, really, but I built a new omeka and mediawiki and then imported my old transcription data.
I’m using a front end on a different subdomain that loads Scripto in an iframe.
Originally, mediawiki wasn’t logging the users’ IP addresses - instead, it was recording each change as being done by my IP address. This was solved with an installation instructions tweak: The instructions say to add:
$wgSquidServersNoPurge = array(‘127.0.0.1’);
but $wgSquidServers & $wgSquidServersNoPurge were removed in MediaWiki 1.35 and replaced with $wgCdnServers & $wgCdnServersNoPurge, so that line in the instructions should be corrected to say:
$wgCdnServersNoPurge = array(‘127.0.0.1’);
So that’s great. But, still, while the users are able to receive attribution, they aren’t able to log in. Clicking on Log In takes you to the log in, and you can add your username/password and successfully log in - but when you go back to the original transcription page, you aren’t logged in anymore.