Scripto / Login Issues (?) / options not appearing on transcribe page

I can successfully transcribe items as an anonymous user but MediaWiki/Scripto accounts appear not to be logging in correctly – Does anyone have any suggestions?

I’m sure the fix is simple but I can’t seem to find it and, as you can expect, have been on this for longer than I ought to have. I noticed that the options for protecting a page and import a page or a document were not appearing when I signed in. Also, the ‘Log in to Scripto’ option does not disappear (even though interface returns a ‘Login Successful’ message).

I thought it was quirk of Scripto UI, but as I fiddled with LocalSettings.php, turning on and off editing privileges for different types of user groups, I’m concerned that I am actually never logged in to Scripto/MediaWiki.

Things I’ve tried:

  • I was on MediaWiki 1.28 and I downgraded to 1.27.3
  • I upgraded Scripto as I was under the impression the newest version addressed this issue
  • I’ve tested creating different kinds of users, toggling caching
  • I disabled email confirmation in case that was preventing users from being activated

Current stack:

  • Omeka 2.4.1
  • Scripto 2.3
  • MediaWiki 1.27.3 (LTS)

Thanks in advance!

Aha! Simple is right. For the record:

The login issue with the new versions of MediaWiki has to do with the addition of a cookie prefix, which the new Scripto plugin takes into account.

@jimsafley 2017-15-06

Yes, thanks to @mebrett’s patience, we’ve found that the cookie prefix is predictably in one of the following formats:
<dbname> if a table prefix is not used, -or-
<dbname>_<tableprefix>_ if a table prefix is used
<dbname> is the MediaWiki database name and <tableprefix> is the MediaWiki table prefix, in case one is being used. (Note the trailing underscore in the second format.)


This topic was automatically closed after 250 days. New replies are no longer allowed.