Scribe Theme Install

Good Morning

Without getting into great details at the moment could someone tell me if you are successfully running the Scribe theme. I did install it but was face with errors. I did notice it was not on the official Omeka Theme page for Classic. We are a Canadian Genealogical Society and the software is outstanding and we wish to use it to employ volunteers to Transcribe old documents.
Thanks for your time.
Steve

There are a number of institutions out there using Scribe, including the people who created it at the University of Iowa. Also, I believe, Digital Maine and Virginia Memory.

Thanks for the email - I download the Theme as you suggest as this appears to be a different version i recieved first.

I installed it but now i am getting this error:

Omeka has encountered an error
Scripto_Adapter_Exception
The provided adapter method “getPageTranscriptionStatus” does not exist.

Scripto_Adapter_Exception: The provided adapter method “getPageTranscriptionStatus” does not exist. in /home/ogsonca/public_html/omeka/plugins/Scripto/libraries/Scripto.php:106
Stack trace:
#0 /home/ogsonca/public_html/omeka/themes/Scribe/items/show.php(31): Scripto->__call(‘getPageTranscri…’, Array)
#1 /home/ogsonca/public_html/omeka/application/libraries/Omeka/View.php(114): include(’/home/ogsonca/p…’)
#2 /home/ogsonca/public_html/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/View/Abstract.php(888): Omeka_View->_run(’/home/ogsonca/p…’)
#3 /home/ogsonca/public_html/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/Helper/ViewRenderer.php(912): Zend_View_Abstract->render(NULL)
#4 /home/ogsonca/public_html/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/Helper/ViewRenderer.php(933): Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_ViewRenderer->renderScript(‘items/show.php’, NULL)
#5 /home/ogsonca/public_html/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/Helper/ViewRenderer.php(972): Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_ViewRenderer->render()
#6 /home/ogsonca/public_html/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/HelperBroker.php(277): Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_ViewRenderer->postDispatch()
#7 /home/ogsonca/public_html/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(527): Zend_Controller_Action_HelperBroker->notifyPostDispatch()
#8 /home/ogsonca/public_html/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch(‘showAction’)
#9 /home/ogsonca/public_html/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
#10 /home/ogsonca/public_html/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(105): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
#11 /home/ogsonca/public_html/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(384): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
#12 /home/ogsonca/public_html/omeka/application/libraries/Omeka/Application.php(73): Zend_Application->run()
#13 /home/ogsonca/public_html/omeka/index.php(23): Omeka_Application->run()
#14 {main}

Thanks for any assistance

Steve

Hi Steve - Thanks very much for the message. I am the maintainer of the Scribe theme as well as its accompanying transcription plugin and would be happy to help with any issues. Unfortunately, I have just left for vacation (and am only on mobile) and won’t be back into the office to respond properly until September 5. I will follow up with you then and we can work through these errors you’re seeing. Feel free to contact me at matthew-butler AT uiowa. Many thanks, Matthew Butler

Thank you Matthew for your assistance and i look forward to speaking with you
Steve

Was your issue resolved? I am seeing the same error. What did you do to fix it?

Hey there - As you can see in the message i spoke to the developer of the theme from he University of Iowa. He resolved the issue remotely. I would suggest connecting with him at his email in the message.
Thanks
Steve Fulton UE

If anyone is still running into this problem like I was, Matthew was kind enough to update the Scripto plugin to fix the missing “getPageTranscriptionStatus” method in version 2.3.2. So, get the latest here: GitHub - ui-libraries/plugin-Scripto

FYI, 2.3.2 gave me a new error:

Omeka has encountered an error
InvalidArgumentException
Could not find file javascripts/OpenLayers.js!

InvalidArgumentException: Could not find file javascripts/OpenLayers.js! in /home/xxx/public_html/application/libraries/globals.php:1288 Stack trace: #0 /home/xxx/public_html/application/libraries/globals.php(1247): web_path_to(‘javascripts/Ope…’) #1 /home/xxx/public_html/application/libraries/globals.php(1224): src(‘javascripts/Ope…’, ‘javascripts’, ‘js’, ‘2.6.1’) #2 /home/xxx/public_html/themes/Scribe/scripto/index/transcribe.php(7): js_tag(‘OpenLayers’) #3 /home/xxx/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/View.php(114): include(‘/home/xxx/…’) #4 /home/xxx/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/View/Abstract.php(888): Omeka_View->_run(‘/home/xxx/…’) #5 /home/xxx/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/Helper/ViewRenderer.php(912): Zend_View_Abstract->render(NULL) #6 /home/xxx/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/Helper/ViewRenderer.php(933): Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_ViewRenderer->renderScript(‘index/transcrib…’, NULL) #7 /home/xxx/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/Helper/ViewRenderer.php(972): Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_ViewRenderer->render() #8 /home/xxx/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/HelperBroker.php(277): Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_ViewRenderer->postDispatch() #9 /home/xxx/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(527): Zend_Controller_Action_HelperBroker->notifyPostDispatch() #10 /home/xxx/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch(‘transcribeActio…’) #11 /home/xxx/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http)) #12 /home/xxx/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(105): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch() #13 /home/xxx/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(384): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run() #14 /home/xxx/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/Application.php(73): Zend_Application->run() #15 /home/xxx/public_html/index.php(23): Omeka_Application->run() #16 {main}

This was an easy fix.

Go to: public_html/plugins/Scripto/views/shared/javascripts/ol.js and rename ol.js to OpenLayers.js

That brought the site back up for us.