Save settings CSV Import

I was wondering if there is a way to save the settings (like mappings etc.) for future imports of items?
We have several categories of items that need their own mappings, it would be nice to be able to save these into some kind of template for future use…

2 Likes

Some settings do get saved under the hood so they’re the same next time already.

But I think you’re talking about doing more, right? Like being able to save the entire mapping setup and then load it for when you’re working with another sheet with the same structure?

That’s a feature we’ve thought about, but haven’t had the time to implement. Do let me know if I’m understanding what you’re looking for correctly, though.

That’s correct, John. It would be nice to be able to save all the settings for a particular import: the mappings, but also the datatype, multivalue settings etc. We have multiple collections that require different import-settings: documents, books, postcards etc… It would be a big help to store these settings in a sort of ‘template’ for future use.
Thanks & regards

I agree! This would be a helpful feature for sheets with lots of columns, especially when column settings vary (language, multivalue, datatype, itemset). The ability to save mappings would speed up the import workflow and remove the user error factor.