Replies != Posts

2 small things I just noticed in the Replies menu item I get when I click on my avatar:

1. The resulting list shows a count of replies, but the count is the number of posts rather than replies.
    e.g. The widget indicates 6 replies on Map cluster only 'shows' 5,000 of 11,000 markers?, but it’s 6 posts, including the original post.
  2. The title attribute for each a element for each entry in the list is “new post” even if it’s not a new post. (title is also not the tops, accessibility-wise).

It really is a count of replies… the one you link to has 7 posts: 1 original and 6 replies.

That’s a freak coincidence, though. My post is from 10.59a on the 24th and @jimsafley’s reply is from 11.56a.
When I posted it, there were only 5 replies. :slight_smile:

Can you show me a screenshot of the count you’re talking about? I’m not sure I see the same widget.

Certainly!

Widget: Screenshot 2024-05-28 at 14.36.19

Post/discussion page for “Starter sites to install . . .”, which was indicated as having 4 replies:

Totally possible I’m reading something wrong or being dense.

OK, I see. I actually don’t have that exact interface: mine never counts the replies like that, in the sense that I have no counts there at all… I don’t know if that relates to my settings or being an admin or what.

Are you watching a category, such that you get those notifications for every new post? I could certainly see it lazily treating the initial post as a “reply” in that situation.

I’m watching Themes and Omeka S, or at least those are the categories my profile → Preferences → Tracking shows me. The fine print:

You will automatically watch all topics in these categories. You will be notified of all new posts and topics, and a count of new posts will also appear next to the topic.