Question about data protecton & Omeka / Guest User plug-in

So this is a more general question, but with the recent GDPR law I’m guessing I’m not alone in wondering: how can we make Omeka compliant? We use the Guest User plug-in, which technically is a collection of personal data (name and email address). Since at the moment there is no check-box on the Registration page, it’s just the Terms & Conditions listed and then a statement that says that by signing up you agree to these. From my understanding this may not be sufficient to comply – the obvious solution is to add the check box so a new user is forced to check off that box.

Thoughts? I’m also not entirely sure if there’s an easy way to do that since it’s not currently built in.

2 Likes

Hi Amanda,

We’ve read the regulations as allowing the affirmative use acceptance of terms (but of course, we’re not offering legal advice).

It seems like adding the check box wouldn’t be a difficult task, and we’d certainly entertain a pull request for the plugin that did just that.

Sharon

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 250 days. New replies are no longer allowed.