Printing function

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has created a print button on item page. I know we have GitHub - Daniel-KM/Omeka-S-module-Ebook: Omeka S module that allows to create ebooks (epub) from items or from the site pages. but it’s no longer compatible for 4.0. Any suggestions is appreciated.
Thanks,
Luan

I’m not aware of a module for this purpose.

You might not really want or need a module: if it’s just printing, a print stylesheet in your theme might be all you’d need.

Do we have a way to implement “Print this page” button in Omeka S? (Beside using Ctrl + P)

Hi @luvu ,

You could easily add a “Print” button to any page by adding the following to your template where you want it to appear:

<button onClick="window.print()">
   Print this page
</button>

Hello,
Is there a way for us to add this button on item pages?
Thanks,
Lu.

I think the most straightforward way is to edit your theme files to include it (of course there are probably other ways to do it as well).

You can learn more about how to do that in the theme developer documentation Introduction to Themes - Omeka S Developer Documentation

The short answer is that you would go into the selected theme and add the button code to the following theme file where you want it to appear:

/themes/{your theme}/view/omeka/site/item/show.phtml

This will add the button to each of your item pages.

You just want to make sure you’re not editing the show.phtml file in the /application directory because this will get overwritten when you upgrade Omeka.

1 Like