Ontology in several languages

I am creating an ontology with Protégé. This ontology has multi language properties such as:

<rdfs:label xml:lang="en">citeApparatName</rdfs:label>
<rdfs:label xml:lang="fr">citeApparatNom</rdfs:label>

When importing the ontology to Omeka S, only the first occurence of a property’s label is imported. In the example above, it is the English rdfs label which is used in Omeka S.

If I change the order (such as below) it is the french label which is used.

<rdfs:label xml:lang="fr">citeApparatNom</rdfs:label>
<rdfs:label xml:lang="en">citeApparatName</rdfs:label>

Protégé will not move in first place the language label set as the default (ie "switch to defining ontology). So I have to manually put all the French label in first with a text editor.

Shouldn’t Omeka S looks for the language of the installation/site and uses it to display rdfs labels and comments in the correct language?

The way it works currently is that there’s just one label, as you say. We don’t have a place in the data model for storing more than one label for a property so we’ve just got the one. The translation system allows for translations of property labels, as does the use of alternative labels in resource templates (on a more case-by-case basis).

Adding support for multiple language-tagged property labels would be possible of course, but I don’t think we’ve had an experience where it’s particularly common for a vocabulary document to contain a significant amount of multilingual labels, and even then the scope of languages covered would be rather ad-hoc and small.

Thanks for the answer. I understand it is a very particular need.