Omeka S workflow and customisations in a non-professional context

After some thought, I deemed it appropriate to share here this lengthy post which outlines our experience with Omeka S, including thoughts on a number of choices that needs to be made early on in the development of a digital archive and details about customisations to core modules and themes (some of which previously discussed in this forum).

This post will likely be most relevant to those starting a new digital archive from scratch, and doing so outside of larger organisations or archival institutions with established practices.

It includes details about:

We have also published in full our resource templates, which may be useful to others setting up a digital archive, including the json files that can be used to import them in a fresh install [in Italian].

Again, this is the link to the full post, and here is the link to our Omeka S website [in Italian].

I feel that especially outside of larger organisations it is useful to share experiences and thoughts on how to set up a digital archive with Omeka S.

I hope this is useful to others. Of course, feedback and suggestions are always welcome.

As I look forward to new Omeka S projects, I take it as a chance to thank core developers and all the nice folks providing useful answers in this forum for making Omeka S what it is, and making our digital archive possible.

11 Likes

Thanks a lot for sharing all this feedback from all the work you’ve done with Omeka.

This will be very useful for newcomers, and it was really useful to me! :fireworks:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.