Hi all, just checking in on whether anyone is using RDF vocabularies beyond the ones included in Omeka-S (which are Dublin Core, BIBO, and FOAF)?
We have a specific documentary editing need to include Authors, Recipients, and Names Mentioned. There are a couple of options:
- Create a custom RDF (not sure how yet) and forgo inter-system compatibility (at least for now)
- Repurpose fields (i.e. non-standard use) from existing RDF vocab (BIBO has some potential)
- Identify a useful RDF vocabulary to import (any suggestions?) that is slightly more standard
- Attempt to wrestle with TEI or TEI-Lite, unclear if there is an importable RDF vocab
- Merge all names into a single field, but perhaps append an identifier such as (A), ®, and (N) to each name (thus creating potentially triplicate names in the system, but being identifiable as author, recipient, or name mention)
Any thoughts, advice, use cases/scenarios, etc.? Appreciate it!
BEN BAKELAAR, MLIS
Thomas A. Edison Papers
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey