Omeka S showing module updates when the modules are up to date

When I go to the Modules list in our Omeka S site, I see that there are some modules that need to be updated, but when I go to the page for that module, it is at the current version. I am not sure what is going on.

The modules in question are: CSSEditor, Mapping, and Zotero Import

Can you share what versions of those modules you have now? Or a screenshot of your Modules page would work as well.

I don’t see anything in the data we output from the modules directory that looks wrong and would account for you seeing “phantom” upgrades.

I apologize. I should have waited until after break to post this. Here is a screengrab from my modules list:

Strange. Can you try clearing your browser’s cache and see if that makes a difference? Or using a different browser/computer to look at the Modules page?

I have tried clearing cookies as well as using other browsers/devices, and see the same message.

I am also having this problem after upgrading to Omeka S 4.0. I see these errors messages on all my modules when I have the most recent module installed. Is there any further info on this problem?

I also do not have the html edit menu in the page editor any more and my navigation page won’t load.

We haven’t been able to reproduce the problem, so there isn’t much of an update to share on it. The “there is an update” logic is quite simple and runs in Javascript on the client side… I haven’t been able to come up with an explanation for why it would be “wrong” when it seems that the JSON data that underlies the feature is correct.

You’re seeing the same message on all your modules? That’s not quite the same thing the original poster here is describing.

As for your other issues, you should probably make another thread (or threads) for them, with any additional information you can provide, like error messages, screenshots, etc.

Yes, it is on every module that does not have a different error message attached. Attaching screenshot of a section but this repeats all the way down the module page.

In fact, the default js that checks the version requires a version to be in three numbers, but many modules have four numbers, so I added a js that fixed it in module Generic, but indeed, it seems that some versions that are up to date are included. Can you try to update to last version of Generic?

This topic was automatically closed 360 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.