Omeka S Item Importer remote configuration

I am having trouble importing an item set from an Omeka S domain into another Omeka S domain. The importer imports all the metadata apart from the title if I import all the items. However, if I set the query to a specific item set, the importer only imports the source resource and source site. The source resource is a link to a JSON file.

The manual requires that I implement an advanced search to obtain the query, which I did. However, when I follow the instructions, the items do not import. I tried to copy the example provided in the screenshot, which returned source resource and source site. I thought about installing the Advance Search module but, for some reason, I keep on getting an error if I try to install it. I will attach the screenshot of the error I got.

The importer imports all the metadata apart from the title if I import all the items.

Apart from the title? That’s strange. One edge case that could explain this is that the remote installation uses a resource template that sets a custom title property.

However, if I set the query to a specific item set, the importer only imports the source resource and source site .

The addition of a item_set_id=x query shouldn’t have an effect on the metadata. Double check that you’re mapping all data types. An edge case is that the remote installation has private values, but that’s unlikely.

Hi, it seems I did not explain it well. The issue I have is with the items. The items imported into the Item Set are not imported with their metadata. Thus, the items are untitled, and the metadata only shows the source resource and source site. The items sometimes also have missing images.

Double check that you’re mapping data types before you import the snapshot. That’s usually the reason why metadata doesn’t carry over. I could better help you troubleshoot if you give me the root endpoint and query you’re using.

The snapshot shows that there is data, but it does not import it for the items. The root endpoint is: https://test.wherewegather.org/api. The query is: item_set_id=458.

Just to clarify again, the items in the Item Set do not carry over their metadata when imported. It only returns source resource and source site.

Thank you for the root endpoint and query. I successfully imported all the items, metadata included.

I suspect that you’re skipping the “prepare” step that must be completed before importing the snapshot. After taking a snapshot, you’ll see the “Manage import” page. This is where, among other things, you map remote data types to local data types. You must perform this step in order for the metadata to carry over. Perhaps you are completing this step but not clicking on the “Submit” button before importing the snapshot?

Thank you. This has been most helpful! I have been able to map it successfully. Can a screenshot be added to the manual guide to make it easier to understand? It’s a bit condensed, and visual aids really help clarify the process. Thank you once again!