Omeka S error - InvalidArgumentException

Hi all,

I am receiving this error and I seem to be unable to access my Admin Dashboard. Any help would be appreciated but I’m fairly new to this so please provide instructions. Thanks!

Warning : Declaration of HBrowser\Module::getConfigForm(Zend\View\Renderer\PhpRenderer $renderer) should be compatible with Omeka\Module\AbstractModule::getConfigForm(Laminas\View\Renderer\PhpRenderer $renderer) in /home/visuali3/public_html/collection/modules/HierarchicalBrowser/Module.php on line 127

Warning : Declaration of HBrowser\Module::handleConfigForm(Zend\Mvc\Controller\AbstractController $controller) should be compatible with Omeka\Module\AbstractModule::handleConfigForm(Laminas\Mvc\Controller\AbstractController $controller) in /home/visuali3/public_html/collection/modules/HierarchicalBrowser/Module.php on line 127

Warning : Declaration of SiteSlugAsSubdomain\Module::onBootstrap(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent $event) should be compatible with Omeka\Module\AbstractModule::onBootstrap(Laminas\Mvc\MvcEvent $event) in /home/visuali3/public_html/collection/modules/SiteSlugAsSubdomain/Module.php on line 134

Warning : Declaration of SiteSlugAsSubdomain\Module::getConfigForm(Zend\View\Renderer\PhpRenderer $renderer) should be compatible with Omeka\Module\AbstractModule::getConfigForm(Laminas\View\Renderer\PhpRenderer $renderer) in /home/visuali3/public_html/collection/modules/SiteSlugAsSubdomain/Module.php on line 134

Warning : Declaration of SiteSlugAsSubdomain\Module::handleConfigForm(Zend\Mvc\Controller\AbstractController $controller) should be compatible with Omeka\Module\AbstractModule::handleConfigForm(Laminas\Mvc\Controller\AbstractController $controller) in /home/visuali3/public_html/collection/modules/SiteSlugAsSubdomain/Module.php on line 134

Warning : ini_set(): Headers already sent. You cannot change the session module’s ini settings at this time in /home/visuali3/public_html/collection/vendor/laminas/laminas-session/src/Config/SessionConfig.php on line 147

Omeka S encountered an error

Laminas\Session\Exception\InvalidArgumentException
‘session.name’ is not a valid sessions-related ini setting.

Details:

Laminas\Session\Exception\InvalidArgumentException: ‘session.name’ is not a valid sessions-related ini setting. in /home/visuali3/public_html/collection/vendor/laminas/laminas-session/src/Config/SessionConfig.php:154 Stack trace: #0 /home/visuali3/public_html/collection/vendor/laminas/laminas-session/src/Config/StandardConfig.php(265): Laminas\Session\Config\SessionConfig->setStorageOption(‘name’, ‘dd8adcd50c555fb…’) #1 /home/visuali3/public_html/collection/vendor/laminas/laminas-session/src/Config/StandardConfig.php(113): Laminas\Session\Config\StandardConfig->setName(‘dd8adcd50c555fb…’) #2 /home/visuali3/public_html/collection/application/src/Mvc/MvcListeners.php(90): Laminas\Session\Config\StandardConfig->setOptions(Array) #3 /home/visuali3/public_html/collection/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(321): Omeka\Mvc\MvcListeners->bootstrapSession(Object(Laminas\Mvc\MvcEvent)) #4 /home/visuali3/public_html/collection/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(170): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners(Object(Laminas\Mvc\MvcEvent)) #5 /home/visuali3/public_html/collection/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/Application.php(160): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEvent(Object(Laminas\Mvc\MvcEvent)) #6 /home/visuali3/public_html/collection/application/src/Mvc/Application.php(40): Laminas\Mvc\Application->bootstrap(Array) #7 /home/visuali3/public_html/collection/index.php(19): Omeka\Mvc\Application::init(Array) #8 {main}

It looks like neither of those modules (SiteSlugAsSubdomain and HBrowser) are updated for Omeka S 3.0.0. You might check with their respective developers to see if updates are planned or available. In the short term you could “disable” those modules by moving their folders out of the modules folder so Omeka S cannot load them anymore.

The actual error you’re getting is, I believe, just related to the fact that those warning messages are being printed out. Turning off error display in your .htaccess file could “resolve” the issue in that sense.

Thank you for the help, jflatnes.

Solved. Removing those from the modules folder helped but revealed another error, that a theme was invalid also from the update to 3.0.0. However, at this point I was able to get back into the Admin Dashboard and see that many modules and themes were broken from this update. This instance is hosted and I did not realize it was set to automatically update–rolling back to version 2.1.2 from a hosted backup was the easiest solution.

Yes, version 3.0.0 requires updates for most modules and themes.

If you do want to upgrade in the future, most modules and themes already have 3.0.0-compatible versions that you can update to.

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.