Omeka-S 2.0.0 search disabled

Hello,

I’ve just upgraded to Omeka-S 2.0.0 but I’m stumbling on how to correctly activate the fulltext search feature.

As per the upgrade, everything went smoothly. Official modules and themes upgraded OK. Other modules I have disabled in the meantime.

But the search feature does not return any result any more. A simple text search on a site with a common word or a resource title fails with 0 result, so does on admin side.

I’ve seen in the settings page a new item “Index full-text search” but it is and stays disabled whenever I try to enable it and save changes.

FYI I’ve just upgraded from MySQL 5.5 to 5.7.
Is there anything I’m missing relative to MySQL config or other settings to modify in admin side?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day

Laurent

I did found out that full text index is done using a Job. If I’m correct, on install without job management available, this is an issue.

Edit: fixed this by finally adding the synchronous strategy to my local.config.php:

'service_manager' => [
        'aliases' => [
            'Omeka\Job\DispatchStrategy' => 'Omeka\Job\DispatchStrategy\Synchronous',
        ],
    ],

Then headed to the settings page and enabled the full text index option. The job ended successfully and now I can search normally.