Omeka Module Starter Kit - error installing with composer

I was wondering if anyone here has tried installing the Omeka module Starter Kit found on GitHub here: https://github.com/stephenwf/omeka-module-starter-kit

I installed via Composer as the instructions specify, but I received a HTTP 500 error when uploading to my server, with this message:

Warning: require(/home/schaffer/dev.schafferlibrarycollections.org/modules/OmekaModuleStarterKit/vendor/composer/…/ircmaxell/password-compat/lib/password.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/schaffer/dev.schafferlibrarycollections.org/modules/OmekaModuleStarterKit/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php on line 66

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required ‘/home/schaffer/dev.schafferlibrarycollections.org/modules/OmekaModuleStarterKit/vendor/composer/…/ircmaxell/password-compat/lib/password.php’ (include_path=’.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php70/root/usr/share/pear’) in /home/schaffer/dev.schafferlibrarycollections.org/modules/OmekaModuleStarterKit/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php on line 66

I have no idea how to troubleshoot from here and I was wondering if someone could help point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

1 Like

The message is related to composer. You should retry “composer install” at the root of the module.

Yes, that is what I have tried, twice…

$ cd OmekaModuleStarterKit
$ composer install

It actually took hours to upload this folder to my server once composer installed everything, and I had received the error I posted before everything had a chance to upload. I am still receiving an error after completion, but it is saying the following now:

Zend\ServiceManager\Exception\ServiceNotCreatedException
Service with name “ViewTemplatePathStack” could not be created. Reason: Invalid path provided; must be a string, received boolean

I can fix this issue: in file config/module.config.php, change:

realpath( __DIR__ . '/../view'),

by:

dirname(__DIR__) . '/view',

But the next issue is complex, so you can ask the full install process directly to the developer on github.

Ok, thank you so much!