Omeka down - missing table?

Hello,

I’m hoping someone can help me with the problem, as I don’t have a web development background and I have no idea what this error message means. I’m suspecting the SQL server is down?

A couple days ago, we updated our Geolocations plug-in to the latest. It wasn’t working properly, as it was still attempting to display Google Maps, as opposed to Leaflet. After reading on the forum, I decided to deactivate and reactive our Neatline plug-ins and it seems to fix our problem. It was working perfectly for several hours. However, a couple hours later our Omeka went down - and I have no idea why, could this be related to the plug-in upgrade? Is it something wrong with our SQL server? I checked our MySQL credentials against, the dnd.in file and they appear to match my those in the file.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the error message:

Omeka has encountered an error

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception

Mysqli prepare error: Table ‘dana_rsrch.omeka_collections’ doesn’t exist

exception ‘Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception’ with message ‘Mysqli prepare error: Table ‘dana_rsrch.omeka_collections’ doesn’t exist’ in /afs/cad.njit.edu/research/archlib/gervits/1/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77 Stack trace: #0 /afs/cad.njit.edu/research/archlib/gervits/1/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare(‘SELECT collect...') #1 /afs/cad.njit.edu/research/archlib/gervits/1/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(388): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), 'SELECTcollect…’) #2 /afs/cad.njit.edu/research/archlib/gervits/1/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare(‘SELECT `collect…’) #3 [internal function]: Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(Object(Omeka_Db_Select), Array) #4 /afs/cad.njit.edu/research/archlib/gervits/1/application/libraries/Omeka/Db.php(79): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #5 /afs/cad.njit.edu/research/archlib/gervits/1/application/libraries/Omeka/Db/Table.php(648): Omeka_Db->__call(‘query’, Array) #6 /afs/cad.njit.edu/research/archlib/gervits/1/application/libraries/Omeka/Db/Table.php(648): Omeka_Db->query(Object(Omeka_Db_Select), Array) #7 /afs/cad.njit.edu/research/archlib/gervits/1/application/libraries/Omeka/Db/Table.php(281): Omeka_Db_Table->fetchObjects(Object(Omeka_Db_Select)) #8 /afs/cad.njit.edu/research/archlib/gervits/1/application/libraries/globals.php(1702): Omeka_Db_Table->findBy(Array, 0) #9 /afs/cad.njit.edu/research/archlib/gervits/1/themes/dana/common/header.php(89): get_records(‘Collection’, Array, 0) #10 /afs/cad.njit.edu/research/archlib/gervits/1/application/libraries/Omeka/View.php(117): include(’/afs/cad.njit.e…’) #11 /afs/cad.njit.edu/research/archlib/gervits/1/application/libraries/Zend/View/Abstract.php(888): Omeka_View->_run(’/afs/cad.njit.e…’) #12 /afs/cad.njit.edu/research/archlib/gervits/1/application/libraries/Zend/View/Helper/Partial.php(109): Zend_View_Abstract->render(‘common/header.p…’) #13 [internal function]: Zend_View_Helper_Partial->partial(‘common/header.p…’, Array) #14 /afs/cad.njit.edu/research/archlib/gervits/1/application/libraries/Zend/View/Abstract.php(350): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #15 /afs/cad.njit.edu/research/archlib/gervits/1/application/libraries/globals.php(1627): Zend_View_Abstract->__call(‘partial’, Array) #16 /afs/cad.njit.edu/research/archlib/gervits/1/application/libraries/globals.php(1627): Omeka_View->partial(‘common/header.p…’, Array) #17 /afs/cad.njit.edu/research/archlib/gervits/1/application/libraries/globals.php(1641): common(‘header’, Array) #18 /afs/cad.njit.edu/research/archlib/gervits/1/themes/dana/index.php(1): head(Array) #19 /afs/cad.njit.edu/research/archlib/gervits/1/application/libraries/Omeka/View.php(117): include(’/afs/cad.njit.e…’) #20 /afs/cad.njit.edu/research/archlib/gervits/1/application/libraries/Zend/View/Abstract.php(888): Omeka_View->_run(’/afs/cad.njit.e…’) #21 /afs/cad.njit.edu/research/archlib/gervits/1/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/Helper/ViewRenderer.php(905): Zend_View_Abstract->render(‘index.php’) #22 /afs/cad.njit.edu/research/archlib/gervits/1/application/controllers/IndexController.php(16): Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_ViewRenderer->renderScript(‘index.php’) #23 /afs/cad.njit.edu/research/archlib/gervits/1/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): IndexController->indexAction() #24 /afs/cad.njit.edu/research/archlib/gervits/1/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch(‘indexAction’) #25 /afs/cad.njit.edu/research/archlib/gervits/1/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http)) #26 /afs/cad.njit.edu/research/archlib/gervits/1/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(105): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch() #27 /afs/cad.njit.edu/research/archlib/gervits/1/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(382): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run() #28 /afs/cad.njit.edu/research/archlib/gervits/1/application/libraries/Omeka/Application.php(79): Zend_Application->run() #29 /afs/cad.njit.edu/research/archlib/gervits/1/index.php(23): Omeka_Application->run() #30 {main}

The error is saying your “collections” table is missing. This is a pretty serious issue with your database. Do you have a backup?

Just from that message alone, I don’t see anything I would say relates this to Geolocation or Neatline.

Hi,

Thanks for your response, I thought I would give an update should anyone else encounter this message. The server which hosted our SQL database went down, and seemed to corrupt our Omeka database. Thankfully, we had a back-up, so we were able to restore everything!

So, it wasn’t connect to Omeka or any plug-ins, just server issues on IT’s side…