Omeka Classic - User can export/download items and exhibit pages?

Hi everyone,

In order to make the data we are displaying “FAIR”, we would like to ensure that readers of the website can download images and pages easily.

Yes a user can right-click and save an image, but there’s no download button for users that give a signal that the image is free to use.

Similarly the user can simply print an exhibit page through their browser, but again, it’s not quite given.

I don’t find any plugins that address this problem, and I suppose we could just open up the API, but it’s not quite the same when people who are browsing this website are not the types who could whip up some code and get what they need.

Does anyone have a plugin that they could recommend that is used for websites that have to be open-source/ FAIR and must allow the users to download all the sources available on the website?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I’m not clear on how FAIR (you mean FAIR Principles - GO FAIR ?) applies to downloading files, or pages - can you elaborate on that a bit? I’m not sure where “must allow the users to download all the sources available on the website” comes from.

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.