Omeka Classic Image Resolution

I am experiencing an issue where .tif files are not showing in Omeka.

Most of the time, I am able to upload a .tif file into Omeka, however when I browse items the thumbnail for the .tif file does not show and the title appears as [untitled] . When I click on the thumbnail and then click on the VIEW PUBLIC PAGE button it just shows the file name and not the image 45%20AM, however if I click on the file name it then downloads the image and then I am able to view it. There are other times when I try to upload a .tif file that I receive a message that says THERE WAS AN ERROR ON THE FORM, PLEASE TRY AGAIN. When this happens the image does not show up in Omeka.

The image I am trying to upload as a test has a resolution of 300 pixels/Inch and the image dimensions are 2774 x 2173. If I change the resolution to 150 pixels/inch I still have the same issue, however if I change the resolution to 72 pixels/inch the image uploads fine and there are no issues. Now, if I change the image dimensions to 694 x 544 and use a resolution of 300 pixels/inch I am able to upload the .tif file without any issues.

Are there restrictions in Omeka on the image resolution & dimensions for uploaded files?

I wanted to give an update on this issue.

The same issue was reported to me for .pdf files as well as .tif files. Upon further investigation, I found that the following error was being generated in the error logs on the server:

PHP Warning: POST Content-Length of 11129149 bytes exceeds the limit of 8388608 bytes

There is a setting in the php.ini file called upload_max_filesize that defaults to 8 MB or roughly 8388608 bytes. I increased this value and was able to upload images to Omeka as well as see the thumbnail images.

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.