Omeka Alongside MediaWiki

Has anyone installed MediaWiki alongside Omeka, and been able to access both across the local network, and also from outside the network?

I have a machine on my local network I’m using as a server. It acts as the server for a game platform. I’d like to host an Omeka installation for my players on the box also. However, my setup is a little complicated. I have nginx running as a reverse proxy for the game software, altho I know Omeka runs fine with a tweaked nginx recipe, so that’s not a concern. But because I use a remote webhost for my website, I have a subdomain of that site set to redirect to a dyndns for my home network.

What I would like to do is also host mediawiki. Now, nginx should easily handle this, because it would route requests based on the paths requested. The issue I’m having is that I don’t know how I would set up nginx/omeka to handle traffic from 192.168.x.x. Is there a way to tell Omeka to listen on a specific port that I can either route traffic to or access directly? or does that not apply because it’s not an active service, just a php response template?

Omeka itself doesn’t listen on any port or network interface, that’s all handled by the web server. (The same is true of MediaWiki).

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.