OAI-PMH Harvester Error

Hello,
I’m building a small prototype Omeka site, but when trying to harvest ContentDM metadata (from one set) using the OAI-PMH Harvester, I get the following error:
“Error: RuntimeException: The configured PHP path (/bin/php) does not point to a PHP-CLI binary.”

I have installed PHP-CLI and reviewed the config.ini file to make sure that it includes background.php.path. Also, I’ve read another forum message where it mentions configuring the path to /usr/bin/php, but I’m not sure what the location is to try this out. This is different from the ImageMagick Directory Path, correct?

I’m not sure what else to try.

Many thanks for your assistance.
Nashieli

Do you know where the PHP CLI is located on your server? That path is what you would fill into background.php.path in the config file.

The outputs of the server command-line commands php -v and which php might be helpful, also.

Hi jflatnes,
Thanks for your helpful feedback. I think it worked! I tried out your commands, plus the whereis php command. I may have been placing the path in the wrong section of the config.ini file (first section in the example below). I then tried placing the path in the section that starts with If left blank.
Also, I wasn’t sure if I was using the right path to begin with, one that had a super long string that included the portion I used below, so it took a few tries.

; background.php.path
; Path to PHP-CLI for running background processes.
; default: “”
;
; If left blank, Omeka will try to autodetect the right path. Set this
; to override the autodetected PHP path.
background.php.path = “/usr/local/bin/php”

Omeka confirmed that it worked. Yay!

But, now that I’m looking at the items, I notice that each record does not include the actual digital object (jpeg or pdf). It does include the filename and the url location (without an active link). Should I go one by one to (1) add a derivative object and (2) activate repository url? I’m looking for instructions in the Omeka documentation, but I can’t find a section for what to do after a metadata harvest.

Thank you again for your help.
Nashieli

This topic was automatically closed after 250 days. New replies are no longer allowed.