No Longer Able to Edit Site Pages


I’m on Omeka S 2.1.2 and as a site administrator I’m no longer able to edit existing Site pages. The admin UI shows the standard ‘Omeka S Encountered an Error’ message. On the public side the previously created page does display. I’ve tried deleting and/or adding new pages but am still unable to edit the page contents.

Here’s an error from the log:

Omeka\Api\Exception\NotFoundException: Omeka\Entity\SitePage entity with criteria {“slug”:“peale”,“site”:9} not found in /home/digita40/public_html/omeka-s/application/src/Api/Adapter/AbstractEntityAdapter.php:627
Stack trace:
#0 /home/digita40/public_html/omeka-s/application/src/Api/Adapter/AbstractEntityAdapter.php(354): Omeka\Api\Adapter\AbstractEntityAdapter->findEntity(Array, Object(Omeka\Api\Request))
#1 /home/digita40/public_html/omeka-s/application/src/Api/Manager.php(230): Omeka\Api\Adapter\AbstractEntityAdapter->read(Object(Omeka\Api\Request))
#2 /home/digita40/public_html/omeka-s/application/src/Api/Manager.php(115): Omeka\Api\Manager->execute(Object(Omeka\Api\Request))
#3 /home/digita40/public_html/omeka-s/application/src/Mvc/Controller/Plugin/Api.php(136): Omeka\Api\Manager->read(‘site_pages’, Array, Array, Array)
#4 /home/digita40/public_html/omeka-s/application/src/Controller/Site/PageController.php(29): Omeka\Mvc\Controller\Plugin\Api->read(‘site_pages’, Array)
#5 /home/digita40/public_html/omeka-s/vendor/zendframework/zend-mvc/src/Controller/AbstractActionController.php(78): Omeka\Controller\Site\PageController->showAction()
#6 /home/digita40/public_html/omeka-s/vendor/zendframework/zend-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(322): Zend\Mvc\Controller\AbstractActionController->onDispatch(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#7 /home/digita40/public_html/omeka-s/vendor/zendframework/zend-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(179): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent), Object(Closure))
#8 /home/digita40/public_html/omeka-s/vendor/zendframework/zend-mvc/src/Controller/AbstractController.php(106): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEventUntil(Object(Closure), Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#9 /home/digita40/public_html/omeka-s/vendor/zendframework/zend-mvc/src/DispatchListener.php(138): Zend\Mvc\Controller\AbstractController->dispatch(Object(Zend\Http\PhpEnvironment\Request), Object(Zend\Http\PhpEnvironment\Response))
#10 /home/digita40/public_html/omeka-s/vendor/zendframework/zend-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(322): Zend\Mvc\DispatchListener->onDispatch(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#11 /home/digita40/public_html/omeka-s/vendor/zendframework/zend-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(179): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent), Object(Closure))
#12 /home/digita40/public_html/omeka-s/vendor/zendframework/zend-mvc/src/Application.php(332): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEventUntil(Object(Closure), Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#13 /home/digita40/public_html/omeka-s/index.php(21): Zend\Mvc\Application->run()
#14 {main}



So you’re saying you can create pages and then you’re immediately not able to edit them? But the same logged-in user can view them on the public side?

Also, you say you’re “no longer” able to do this. What have you changed recently that corresponds with this problem, if anything?

The pages were created anytime from several months to a few weeks ago. As a test, I tried adding a new page and while it’s in the list of pages belonging to a Site it can’t be edited. The problem is not limited to a single site.

The site pages can be viewed in public mode. For example:

I noticed the problem after enabling the new Foundation theme but I had not tried editing Site pages for a few days before that. I removed the theme but the problem persisted so I didn’t think this would be the cause, and then replaced it. I chose a different theme.

I’ve added a number of modules within the last two weeks. I don’t recall the actual sequence of adding modules (w/EasyInstall) and when I would have last tried to edit a Site page. However, aside from the Annotation module not working and needing to be disabled I didn’t notice any problems at the time and we were doing quite a bit with the system at the end of the term. I’m not the only administrator who can add modules (but I’m the most likely to have done so). Next I was going to try going back and disabling modules one-by-one and seeing if that made a difference. One module I thought about was Blocks Disposition so I disabled it but that made no change. There are a few others I might start with but from what I’ve tried disabling so far (RDF data type, Universal Viewer) no change.


Ok, disabling the Exhibit List module did the trick. This is version 1.0.

I can investigate further with the module author.



This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.