I’ve created a new plugin, Admin Tools, that reunites a few tools that should make life easier for Super Users.
Functions available are:
- Site Under Maintenance: blocks out from Public interface not-logged in users (and also from Admin interface some logged-in users), displaying instead an “Under Maintenance” sign.
- User Manual: allows for a User Manual (or other document) to be made available for logged-in users.
- Limit Visibility to Own: limits Item/Collection/Exhibit visibility to only the ones created by the user (Admin interface).
- Public Edit Link: adds a edit link to Items/Collections/Exhibits/Files/Simple Pages to Public interface for logged-in users.
Database Backup: creates a backup copy of the Omeka database, storing it locally (in Omeka’s
filesdirectory) and also making it available for download.
- Sessions Table: allows trimming of the Omeka table recording sessions, in case automatic trimming was not effectively working.
Some of these tools existed as individual plugins, some just as part of them, so I’m indebted to the original creators for their coding and contributions.
Hope you can find this plugin useful. As usual, comments and suggestions are welcome.