Mysqli statement execute error: Data too long for column 'value' at row 1

Hi all,

I have a bunch of simple pages (& it is only going to expand) and when I tried to uncheck some of the nested pages in navigation on the Thanks Roy theme, I get the following error.

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Data too long for column ‘value’ at row 1 in /var/www/html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement.php(303): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute()
#1 /var/www/html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(480): Zend_Db_Statement->execute()
#2 /var/www/html/application/libraries/Omeka/Db.php(80): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query()
#3 /var/www/html/application/libraries/globals.php(46): Omeka_Db->__call()
#4 /var/www/html/application/libraries/Omeka/Navigation.php(37): set_option()
#5 /var/www/html/application/forms/Navigation.php(188): Omeka_Navigation->saveAsOption()
#6 /var/www/html/application/forms/Navigation.php(59): Omeka_Form_Navigation->_saveNavigationFromPost()
#7 /var/www/html/application/controllers/AppearanceController.php(65): Omeka_Form_Navigation->saveFromPost()
#8 /var/www/html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): AppearanceController->editNavigationAction()
#9 /var/www/html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch()
#10 /var/www/html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch()
#11 /var/www/html/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(105): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
#12 /var/www/html/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(384): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
#13 /var/www/html/application/libraries/Omeka/Application.php(73): Zend_Application->run()
#14 /var/www/html/admin/index.php(28): Omeka_Application->run()
#15 {main}

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Dan

OK… never seen this one before. What’s happening here is that there’s too much data in your navigation to be stored in Omeka’s “options” table.

If you’re comfortable editing the database, the solution would be to change the type of the “value” column in the options table in the Omeka database to mediumtext or longtext which allow longer values to be stored than the current type of text.

Thank you , thank you.

I can understand why you had not seen it before. We have a bunch of newspapers that we are adding and the navigation is getting a bit long…

I changed it to longtext and all is good now.

Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed after 250 days. New replies are no longer allowed.