MySQL Community Server 8.0.27

New member here. The latest MySQL Community Server version is 8.0.27. I noticed in reading the information regarding this version that several file extensions have been changed in version 8. Does anyone know how this affects the Omeka installation. Will be doing a new installation of Omeka on Oracle Linux 8 and be looking to add version 8.0.27 MySQL. Has anyone done this before and if so, are there any issues? Thank you so much for the information.

File extensions? I’m not familiar with that particular change, can you elaborate on it?

Omeka S works fine on MySQL 8 generally, so while I’m not sure we’ve specifically tried that exact version, I imagine it should still be fine.

MySQL 8.0 brought enormous changes and modifications that were pushed by the Oracle MySQL Team. Physical files have been changed. For instance, *.frm, *.TRG, *.TRN, and *.par no longer exist.

That information is from: MySQL Performance Benchmarking: MySQL 5.7 vs MySQL 8.0 | Severalnines

I was just checking to ensure that it wasn’t causing an issue. Thank you much!

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.